[1] The Grangers Youngest

I was born second and last child to two muggle dentists they gave me the name of Esmi Alex Granger. My Bedroom was on the second floor of the house, the second floor was the middle floor, we had six bedrooms in our house and a fair sized back garden. I was attending a muggle school in Hampstead and had one friend there as others found me weird. I loved reading just like my older sister Hermione, I would stay up all night re-reading books that I had borrowed previously from the library. I normally finished my books very quickly as I was a fast reader and I also just loved to read so I didn't put a book down until I had finished it.

Every year me and my family would go on a trip/holiday to the Forest of Dean where we would explore for hours even thought we practically knew our way around it like we knew how to spell our name. My family loved it in the forest as it gave my parents time to spend time with us and for us to not just sit in our rooms reading all day. We still of course took books there but it was limited on how many books we had right there and we also just rather to be outside whilst we could be. While mum and dad set up around the place Hermione and I walked of and started talking about stuff we had previously done.

I loved the forest because it wasn't like school. I did love school but the people there weren't awfully nice apart from the odd one. At school I was classified weird so I only had that one friend I mentioned previously. Her name is Phoebe Prince. Phoebe and I got on well because she loved to write story's about magical places and far away lands and witches and wizards and I loved to read. Although fantasy wasn't my favourite genre it was something to read and I could give her advice on how she was writing. Phoebe and I never saw each other out of school she would never come to my house and I would never go to hers but we got along amazingly when we got back to school. I felt non-useless when she was around and she made me feel like I was human.

Whilst I felt like that at home it was an amazing feeling to have that out of the house and it was even better to have that this year because my sister had switched schools. Hermione recently started attending Hogwarts. When I asked her how it was going she would almost switch the question and answer the question she had switched to. Hermione seemed to have friends who wrote to her often so I was happy for her and I didn't really have to ask how she was going at school class wise because I knew she would master every class possible.

I was fine with Hermione going to a different school to me but it was a bit lonely at home because she didn't come home from school everyday like a normal school she went on a long train ride to school and then stayed there all year/until a holiday came. A bright side to that was being able to sneak into her room and steal her books so I could read them without her knowing. She always had good books in her room but I was never allowed in when she was home.

There was 3 days until I turned 11 and I was really exited but also sad at the same time. My sister couldn't spend my birthday with me because she was at school.

A/N

Hello, this is the first chapter of my story I hope you will enjoy