E7 - Acting Commander

We open on black and deep breaths in and out.

Dara: You got this.

We cut to a picture of a young Dara with her parents smiling.

Dara: I'll make you guys proud. I promise.

She gives a faint smile. She races outside her room and into the cave.

Dara: Alright guys, off your anus'! We need to move! We're short on supplies and I intend on stocking up for the winter!

"Yes mam's" and nods from the crowd.

Dara: Move, now!

As everyone runs towards an exit, a red headed girl in loose fitting armor, most definitely not phased about being on the run, goes up to Dara.

Raven: Off your anus'? So noble and leaderlike, our hero!

Dara: I get it, I'm not fit to lead.

Raven: When did I say that? Audrey made you acting commander for a reason, you just have to find your groove, that's all. By the way, if anyone told you that, I'll have to burn them.

Dara lets out a chuckle, but her mood isn't brought up for long.

Dara: I appreciate you trying to comfort me, but I'm not even trying. It's only temporary, after all.

Raven: Dara, they're trying to find a portal between the human realm and the television realm. Do you really think that's gonna take a couple of days?

Dara looks down thinking about her words. She'd rather not answer that.

Dara: Pick up the pace, Raven.

Dara speeds forward. Raven sighs.

We cut to above ground where Dara gives hand signs to a small group of Freedom Fighters. We cut to their confused faces.

Dara: Was I the only one who bothered learning hand signs?

Freedom Fighter #1: Usually we wait until Lieutenant Misaka gets told to stop stealthing and then Commander Audrey tells us what to do.

Freedom Fighter #2: Preferably verbally.

Everyone nods and mumbles in agreement.

Dara: Ugh. Squad A, 5 people, move left. Squad B, 3 people, move right, and my squad, C, 4 people, moving straight.

Raven: Straight? Thats a little unlike you, isn't it?

Raven and a fighter next to her can barely hold in their laughter.

Dara: Haha, very funny. And you, Jay...

Jay stops laughing as Dara catches his attention.

Dara: Laugh along the way with my squad.

Jay: Yeah, I saw that coming.

Jay and Raven both walk to Dara, joining group C.

Jay: Gary, get your ass up here!

Gary, a large and strong looking fellow, joins the group standing tall like a solider and saluting.

Raven: We don't have a salute, why is he doing that?

Raven continues talking about the salute as Gary progressively gets more annoyed.

Dara: This is a risky mission, not a date.