Promise

Everyone was curious, that much was obvious. People attending the rally, colleagues, even her family were. So what's with the secrecy? Was she hiding something? Is it just a way of protecting her privacy? Either way, Risa stayed mum about it. After all, private affairs should always stay undisclosed.

"Bakit po ba tayo nagmamadali, VP?" asked Risa, hurriedly being pulled away from the sight of the prying eyes of the other attendees of their sortie. "At bakit ka bumubulong?"

"Uwi na tayo, sen." Leni replied, trying to be as subtle as possible while exiting the premises. In all honesty, she wasn't even in the mood to attend the gathering. She had a long day at work, and the same can be expected for the following day.

"Tayo?" Puzzled, Risa whispered back. "'Di pa naman tapos yung party eh." She pouted, however still following the other woman towards the parking lot. "Why so early ba?"

"Basta." Leni almost chuckled, at the sight before when she faced Risa who was trailing behind her. Their fingers slightly intertwined. "Wag na makulit."

"Minsan lang naman tayo makaattend ng ganto, 'di pa natin sulitin."

"Osige, mag-party ka na sa loob. Ako na lang uuwi." Leni huffed, ready to pull her hand away from the other's slightly loose grip.

"Sungit naman ng VP ko. Eto nga eh, papasok na ko sa sasakyan ko. Your place po, diba? See you uli in a few." Risa chuckled half-heartedly, watching as a small smile crept upon Leni's face. "Tatampo agad." She tutted, reluctantly releasing their hold on each other.

"Ingat ka mag-drive ha. Don't rush." When Risa nodded at her for the last time, she rode her own car.

"Next ka na po, senator Risa, ready na po tayo." She was pulled out of her trance by one of the organizers of the rally. Everyone was waiting patiently backstage for their turn to speak. Today, Risa was with her children who were all busy mingling with the other personalities backstage.

Issa gave her two thumbs up as she was making her way out of the stage, obviously very proud of her mother which put a huge smile on her face. Feeling the complete and utter support from all her four children during campaign season is all she could ever ask for. She doesn't need anyone else.

No one else.

"Ang tagal mo naman, halos sabay lang tayo umalis ha." Leni's arms were crossed on her chest while standing on the doorway of her condo. It's not that she was being impatient, she just hates it when other people are late. Although, in this particular situation, she wasn't even sure why was feeling so irritated.

"Sabi mo kanina 'wag ako magmadali." Risa pouted after being greeted with such a mood. "Bakit naman ang sungit sungit mo ngayon?" She tutted, inching closer to the other woman whose sour mood is very apparent in the atmosphere of the small area in the living room of the condo. "Wala man lang kiss jan."

Leni was fighting off the urge to smile. No matter what mood she's in, whether she's busy working or just resting after a very exhausting day, Risa was the only person that can instantly light up her mood. "Bat naman kasi ang tagal mo." She rolled her eyes, uncrossing her arms when Risa reached for her hands.

"May dinaanan lang naman ako sandali, kasi yung isa jan bad mood nanaman." Risa smirked knowingly, for the years that they have been together, albeit secretly, she has already memorized what every expression on Leni's face meant. "Smile ka na, ga?"

This time, she couldn't stop the huge grin from forming on her face when Risa pulled out a rose from her back pocket. "Thank you." She said meekly. "'Di naman ako bad mood. Excited lang talaga ako na ma-solo ka."

"Maria Leonor, bakit mo ko gusto solohin ha? May balak ka 'no?"

"Ay bahala ka jan, ilalagay ko na 'to sa vase." Leni huffed again, making the other woman laugh as she left to go to the kitchen to grab a vase.

"Ito naman, bakit mo po ba ako sinusungitan kasi, VP." She followed her to the kitchen, now the one with her arms crossed. "Parang gusto ko na tuloy magtampo niyan."

Leni grabbed Risa's hand and led her to the living room where she placed the vase on top of their dining table. "'Di nga ako nagsusungit, sama ka na lang sakin." She continued their path upstairs to her room.

"Sabi ko na may balak ka talaga eh." Risa teased, obediently following Leni inside the room where they hung out the most.

"Sira ka talaga, andito kasi yung ibibigay ko sa'yo." She let Risa sit on the bed before grabbing a small package from her bedside drawer.

The crowd went even wilder than before, now chanting the Vice President's name even louder. This just means one thing, they have arrived. Risa instantly grew uneasy at the thought of that. Her heart was pounding on her chest. She didn't know how many minutes have passed until everyone backstage stood up, taking turns to greet the second highest official of the country.

When it was her turn, all she could manage was a small nod and a timid smile. Receiving the same in return, she felt a slight pang on her chest. How did they even get to that point? That was not even clear to her. Everything went by fast. The moments leading up to this very specific campaign was all blurry to her. However, all she knows is that even up to this day, she still loves her.

Leni carefully placed the pink leather bracelet on the other woman's wrist. "Bagay na bagay sa'yo yung kulay, ga." She smiled, admiring the piece of accessory that she had been waiting to give to her significant other. "I have made a decision about next year's election. I'm going to run for President." She knows Risa will support her all the way, that's just the kind of woman Risa is, but she still doesn't know why she was so nervous about telling her. "I'm giving this to you now 'coz I want to remember this moment. Ikaw yung una kong sinabihan about this. Can I count on your support?" As every word spewed out of her mouth, she is beginning to feel as if the weight of the world on her shoulders has been lifted. Again, only something Risa could make her feel.

"You didn't even have to ask." Risa smiled, planting a short kiss on the other woman's knuckles. "I will support you all the way. From now on, I will always wear this bracelet, na kahit 'di tayo lagi magkasama, you'll know that I'm just here for you. No matter what happens, you have all my support, my future president."

"Promise?"

"Promise."