Sulky Girlfriend

3 months into their relationship and everything is still rainbows and sunshine. Some might even call it the honeymoon phase. Leni and Risa lived in a bubble of their own world whenever they're together.

Both women were staying at Leni's condo for the weekend. They don't have much work to do as they both made sure that their office works will stay only in their office.

Leni was in the kitchen preparing for dinner while Risa was busy watching her partner's filmed interview that aired that day. Leni hated watching herself so she busied herself in the kitchen. She's only cooking for two since her girls were also out for a girls' weekend of their own. 

Risa shut her phone off, accidentally slamming it on the coffee table before marching towards the kitchen to grab a bottle of water.

"Galit ka?" Leni joked, chuckling as she was startled by Risa's actions. "Lapit na ko matapos magluto." She smiled, watching the food simmer from the pot.

"Busog ako. Akyat na ko."

Leni was confused. Maybe Risa was actually mad but what was the reason? She immediately turned off the stove and followed Risa to her bedroom. "Sa?" She peeked in to see Risa lying on her side facing the window on the bed. When the other woman didn't respond, she climbed on the bed as well and poked Risa by the shoulders. "Huy."

"Hmm?" Risa closed her eyes as soon as she felt the bed dip. Suddenly she's not in the mood for anything.

"May nagawa ba 'ko?" Leni asked. She and Risa have never fought before, and she wasn't used to her girlfriend acting this way. Normally, between the two of them, Risa is the clingy one. "Pansinin mo naman ako."

"Wala. Matutulog na ko, Leni." Risa spoke, brushing off Leni's hand from her arm.

"Bawal matulog ang galit." Leni lied down behind Risa, wrapping her arms around her. "Sa." She shook her gently.

"Wag kang magulo."

"Sa." Leni repeated, shaking Risa a tad bit harder. "Ano bang nagawa ko? Sorry na."

"'Di mo naman pala alam ginawa mo, bakit ka nagsosorry?" Risa frowned, wanting to get up but Leni tightened her arms around her. "Leni, ano ba?"

"San ka ba pupunta? Sabi mo matutulog ka na?" Leni pouted, finally getting a glimpse of Risa's face. "Tignan mo, simangot na simangot ka. Ano bang problema?"

"Wala nga." Risa tried to pry Leni's arm away from her body but the shorter woman is definitely stronger than her.

"Eh bakit 'di ka na kakain? Kanina lang excited ka pang nagrequest ng paborito mong ulam. Pinagpaguran ko yon." Leni pouted.

"Edi kainin niyo ni Kit." Risa pinched Leni's arm making the other woman wince in pain, successful with her plan to get out of bed.

"San ka pupunta?"

"Sa sala, matutulog." Risa slammed the door shut, huffing and puffing as she made her way down the stairs. She rolled her eyes when she heard Leni's bedroom door open again.

"Sa, ba't naman nasali yon sa usapan natin?" Finally, Leni figured out the root of her girlfriend's problem.

Risa recalled the clip that was shown earlier. It was of Leni doing a surprise visit in her hometown where she also filmed the said interview. She had no problems about that, except for the fact that Kit was included in the trip with her. "Bakit naman kailangan pa hawakan ni Kit kamay mo eh bababa ka lang ng van? Hindi mo ba kaya mag-isa? Dalawa naman paa mo, Leni." She glared at Leni who was trying to hug her. "Bitawan mo nga ako."

"No." Leni tightened her arms around Risa's torso. "'Di mo man lang ba ako pageexplainin?" She nuzzled her girlfriend's neck. "Nagagalit ka agad eh. Daig mo pa may dalaw." 

"Kung ganyan ka manuyo, dun ka na lang sa Kit mo." 

"Huwag ka na magalit, hinding-hindi naman kita ipagpapalit." 

"Dapat lang." Risa's tone was still irate, however, she's starting to relax in Leni's touch. "Bakit ba kasi lagi nakabuntot sa'yo yon? Kung makaasta kala mo PSG, daig pa 'ko." 

"Tingin ka na sa'kin, Sa." Leni smiled when Risa obliged, albeit still rolling her eyes and her forehead still furrowed. 

"Sinasabi ko sa'yo, Leni. Isang bes ko pang makita na kasama mo yan-" She was cut off when Leni pressed their lips together. "Nagsasalita pa 'ko tapos bigla mo kong ha-" When Leni made a move to kiss her again, she immediately pressed her palm against the other woman's lips. "Hindi mo ko madadaan sa pahalik-halik mo. Isang bes pa talaga na makita ko 'yang namumuting buhok na tinubuan ng tao sa tabi mo, magwawala talaga 'ko."

Leni stuck her tongue out and licked the palm that was over her mouth. Risa instantly removed her hand, shooting another glare towards her direction while wiping her saliva-slick hand on Leni's shirt. "Diring-diri ah, kala mo naman di pa 'ko nahahalikan." 

"Bahala ka na talaga jan." Risa stood up, but was immediately followed by Leni. 

"'Wag ka na kasi magalit sakin, Sa. 'Di ko kaya." Leni displayed her best puppy-dog-eye look, even going so far as to sticking her bottom lip out. "Sobrang nalulungkot na 'ko, Sa. ' Di ka ba naaawa sa'kin?" 

"Ikaw na 'tong may kasalanan sa'kin, ako pa maaawa? Ayos ka lang ba?" 

"Technically, wala naman ako kasalanan." 

"Mangangatwiran ka pa. 'Wag mo ko idaan sa technicality, Leni. Matutulog na 'ko." 

"Sorry na, Sa." Leni pulled Risa back to her arms, holding her tightly. "'Wag ka na magalit, please." She kissed her cheek. "Alam mo naman na ikaw ang number one sa puso ko." She kissed her again, on the lips this time. Risa remained frozen on her spot, but her arms were loosely wrapped around Leni. "Mahal na mahal nga kita eh."

Risa was stunned. She wasn't sure if she heard the other woman correctly, so she pushed Leni's face a bit, her hands on the sides of Leni's face. "Anong sabi mo?" 

Leni couldn't help but smile. None of them have ever said those words to each other, but she has been feeling that way for a while now. "Ang sabi ko, mahal na mahal kita." 

"Paano naman ako magtatampo sa'yo kung ganyan ka manuyo." Risa pouted. 

"'Wag ka na kasi magtampo." Leni grinned, kissing Risa again. "I love you, Ana Theresia." 

"I love you."