04. 𝘓𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘊𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘤𝘵

⊱ ────── {⋅. ❁ .⋅} ────── ⊰

What do you say when you lose a best friend? When you lose the one person who understands you the most. The person who was there for you when you were at your lowest. The person who made you smile when you were sad. The person who made you want to live another day. Because Azalea Evans had no idea what to say, she lost contact with the one person who made her want to live.

Azalea never intended to lose contact with Demi but sometimes you just can't control it. Azalea had gotten all of the money and funds in her parents will the first week of staying in Florida, then Matt helped her get an apartment in Orlando where the performance center was located. Matt lived in New York so Azalea lived by herself, so what do you do when you're by yourself?

Well Azalea got a rescue puppy, his name was Viper and he was a Siberian Husky. He was definitely the thing keeping Azalea sane every-time she came back from training. Azalea's current trainer who actually offered to train her was Amy Dumas who you might know as Lita. She saw a lot of potential in Azalea and knew she would be the face of the company one day so she offered to train her.

Azalea worked with a lot of NXT stars and went to many WWE shows that Stephanie invited her to so she did get to meet a lot of the divas there. Azalea met the Bella Twins and Eva Marie who almost immediately saw Azalea as a threat. Azalea had an amazing body, she had bright ginger hair that she did end up dying blue because a lot of people were comparing her to Becky Lynch. Azalea was actually ranked higher than Eva so of course did Eva already not like her.

A lot of movie directors and such did offer acting jobs to her because of her parents though she did not except because she was trying to leave the acting business out of her career. She saw what it did to her parents and she didn't want to become them. Amy became like a second mother to her and it took Azalea a while to open herself up to Amy who did not disappoint when it came to comfort.

Azalea did make her very own gear that was very similar to Lita's in a way but also kind of like the shield. When Azalea did debut on NXT she did win the title which was really big for her, she was just upset her parents or Demi couldn't be there to support her. She still thought about her last night with Demi every single day, it never slipped her mind, and eventually she would also consider getting a ticket to Australia just to see her.

But she couldn't, she had her own life now and she needed to move on from her past. Demi was also wrestling in the RCW and Azalea could absolutely not be prouder. Azalea made sure to at least try and keep up with Demi's matches because she knew Demi would do the same for her. They may have lost contact but they would always remain best friends. Nothing could change that.

Tonight Azalea was supposed to defend her NXT title against Charlotte Flair. She was extremely nervous about it considering how good of a fighter Charlotte was, especially since she did beat Natalya who is a veteran. She was sitting on a stage box in her gear ready for her match when Triple H came up to her. "Azalea, we need to talk." He said, gesturing her to follow him to his office.

Azalea immediately grew nervous and shared a look with Becky Lynch who was looking at her in sympathy. Triple H calling you in for a 'talk' was very rare and it usually wasn't good. Azalea nodded and followed him to his office, stepping in her gestured for her to take a seat in which she did. Once he sat down, he clasped his hands in front of him and let out a sigh. "So I know we have this match unscripted but we decided to book you to lose."

Azalea's face dropped and she looked down at her title, sighing she nodded. "But, you are booked to lose because we want you to debut on the main roster." He finished with a grin, Azalea's face lit up immediately. "You're serious?" Azalea asked, he nodded in full seriousness and pulled out a pen and paper that was in a folder.

"Completely serious. All you need to do is sign this contract and it's official." He said, pushing the paper and pen towards her. Azalea smiled and shook herself out of the shock before immediately grabbing the pen, but before she signed it she read over everything. "You want me to have a love interest?" Azalea furrowed her brows as she read that over.

"It was actually Stephanie's idea, she thinks maybe a storyline with a love interest will help boost up your career." He explained, Azalea pursed her lips and smiled, she was okay with that since it wasn't actually real. "I'm down." She then signed her signature and passed the paper towards him.

Once Azalea had left the office she squealed loudly and immediately did her friend Bayley run over in confusion. "What's got you all happy?" She asked, Azalea jumped in surprise and looked to her friend. "I just got signed to the main roster!" Bayley gaped in shock and hugged her friend, "That's so great. I'm so happy for you."

"Crap I have a match, I'll see you after though?" Bayley nodded and watched as Azalea ran off towards the gorilla. She couldn't help but feel slightly envious, Azalea had only just been brought onto NXT for a year and now she was already being pulled up? Bayley could understand why though as Azalea was very talented for such a young age.

Azalea performed amazingly and sold the moves perfectly, making sure to make Charlotte look extra good because she always liked helping others look good in the ring. Azalea may have lost but she could not have been happier, she was actually going to be on the main roster. Once she and Charlotte got backstage she and Ashley shared a hug.

"I heard the news, congratulations. You really deserve it." Ashley said, Azalea smiled and thanked her, eventually the rest of the locker room came out to congratulate her.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ❁ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Azalea was sitting in her apartment, looking over the view that was Orlando. She had her bags packed because she would be on the road a lot for Raw that she was drafted to. Azalea had her phone in her hand, her thumb was hovering over a specific contact name. Taking a breath she clicked on it but it went to voicemail so Azalea decided to leave a message.

"Hey, I know we haven't spoken for a while but I just wanted to tell you that I got onto the main roster. I promised you that you would be the first person I would call if this day ever came and now it has. I really miss you and i just wish you were here with me because I couldn't see myself doing this alone. But here I am, I hope I'm making you proud. I love you. Bye." Azalea turned off her phone and wiped her tears.

Azalea stared at her hands as an old memory flashed her mind.

~Flashback

Azalea was sitting down in the ring taking a break Demi had walked over and tossed her a water before sliding in the ring herself. They both leaned on the turnbuckle waiting for someone to speak up first, it was closing hour but Brian always let Azalea stay a few hours past closing. "Will you call me if you get onto main roster?" Demi suddenly asked, Azalea looked up and set down her water.

"You would be the first person I would call, I promise." Azalea smiled, Demi grinned with a small blush. "Do you think I'll get on the main roster too?" Demi asked, Azalea crawled over to her side and took Demi's hands in her own. "Of course you will, if you put your mind to it you can do anything. And I'll talk to Stephanie McMahon myself about you." Azalea said, Demi smiled and pulled Izzy into a hug.

~Flashback Over

Azalea smiled to herself at the old memory, sighing she grabbed her suitcase and keys. Leaning down she pressed a kiss to Vipers furry head, "Don't worry Becky is coming over to pick you up." Azalea said to Viper who whimpered in response. Azalea hugged her dog before walking out of the apartment, Becca already had a key to her place so she could lock it up.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ❁ .⋅} ────── ⊰

A.N: okay so don't hate me but I had to do it! It's all for the plot but this book does end around WrestleMania 37 when shortly after Rhea is drafted to the main roster

⊱ ────── {⋅. ❁ .⋅} ────── ⊰