four

Sophias day went on with a blur. Her phone on silent and her clients in and out of her chair. Soon enough she was greeting her grandma with a hug and a kiss on the cheek.
"How are you my dear?" Her grandma says as Sophia starts her hair.
"I'm -" she had to stop and think about how to answer her grandma, "I'm okay."
"Why are you lying to me?" She asks looking at Sophia through the mirror.
"Grandma," she sighs as she applies the color to her grandmas hair, "I don't want to talk about it."
"Why not?" Sophia sighs again. Her grandma doesn't know how to just drop things.
"Because i don't," she snaps and she sees her grandmas face change to her. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap. I just really don't want to talk about it." She doesn't want her grandma to know. The only people she told are her parents, Danny's, and the salon. She doesn't want to worry her grandma. She's already worried Sarah, her parent and Danny's.
"I can probably help," her grandma said quietly.
"I'm sorry i snapped grandma. I just really don't want to talk about it. Not yet anyway. And i promise you you can't help." She says hugging her grandma from behind.
They then sit there in quite for a bit while Sophia finishes her grandmas color.
"Okay gram we're gonna go under her heart while i clean up," Sophia says setting down her brush and taking off her gloves.
While her grandma processes Sophia takes her things to the back room to clean and start closing the salon. As she passes Sarahs office she seees Sarah's still here. Just them two. Sophia puts her things in the sink and walks to her front to lock it. As she's locking it she sees a face she hasn't seen in years. She freezes. The figure freezes. They just stare at each other.
"Sophia?" She hears Sarah say and she turns around.
"yeah?"
"I'm leaving... what are you looking at?" She asks looking out the door.
Sophia turns back around and she sees the boy, no man walking towards the salon.
"I'm looking at Nick," She says as he walks closer to the door.
"what the hell?" Sarah says watching him too. Sophia hasn't locked the door yet and she regrets it because before she knows it she's in a hug.
"Hey Soph!" Nick says.
Sophia pushes away not wanting to be touched by him.
"What are you doing here?" She asks stepping back bumping into Sarah. Sarah grabs her hand.
"I was walking by when i saw you and thought id come say hi." He says looking hurt and mad she backed away. He then sees Sarah. "hey Sarah," He says waving.
"You said hi. Now you can leave," Sophia says squeezing Sarah's hand.
"Why are you being so rude?" He snarls and sophia fights the urge to flinch.
"I don't like you," She says feeling brave and taking a step forward. Her 5ft frame only half the size of his 6ft fame.
They have a strains match. Sophia hoping he can't see her shaking.
"I moved back," He says breaking eye contact looking around the salon, "Down the street actually. You'll be seeing me a lot," He says looking back at her lazily.
"Probably not," Sarah speaks up this time and they both look at her.
"And whys that Sarah?" He asks with venom.
"You're not allowed here. You're band from here." She says now getting closer to him and squeezing Sophia's hand.
He just looks at them both. Anger and something else they couldn't place.
"Leave Nick," Sophia says gesturing to the door.
"Tell Danny I said whats up," He says turning on his heel and walking out. Sophia quickly locks the door and backs up.
"What the fuck was that?" Sarah asks slowly looking at Sophia.
"I have no idea," Sophia says slowly walking behind the desk to put the key back.
"Are you okay?" Sarah asks not moving from her spot.
"Yeah why wouldn't i be?" She asks looking at her friend.
"Just everything going on."
"Im okay," She says walking up to Sarah and putting a hand on her shoulder, "everything's been crazy and I've been jumpier, but I'm okay. I promise," she says with a small smile and then heads to he back of the salon to clean her bowls.
Soon Sarah leaves, but not before making sure Sophia is good. Sophia doesn't tell her grandma about what happened up front. Grandma never liked Nick. Sophia washes hand styles her grandmas hair.
Sophia loved her time with her grandma. Sophia was her grandma's favorite and all her cousins knew it. She is the baby and the apple of her grandmas eye. They had a special relationship.
After she finishes her grandma helps her clean her station and they get their stuff and head out to Sophia's car. Sophia has her keys between her fingers, looking everywhere. She's on edge. Something's wrong. Someone's watching.
"Sophia?" She hears her grandmas says concerned.
"Im sorry whats up grandma?" She asks as they get in the car.
"Are you okay?"
"Im okay. I just always look around when i walk to my car," she says half lying.
"Okay... did you and Danny want to eat dinner at the house tonight?" Her grandma asks not fully believing her.
"Oh in sorry grandma. Dannys making dinner tonight. Can we come eat next week?" Sophia asks feeling guilty for not being able to go.
"Yes of course." Her grandma says putting a reassuring hand on her shoulder.
The rest of the car ride is good and fun. Sophia forgets her worries as her grandma and her laugh and talk as she takes her home. Her grandma lives a little ways away but Sophia never minds taking her home and spending time with her.
She walks her grandma to her front door and says hi to her grandpa before telling them bye and walking back to her car. Once shes back in and on the road the anxiety hit again. She remembers how she felt leaving the salon. She starts watching cars as she's driving home and that's when she notices it. A blacked out car is following her.