Chapter Twenty - Five

Lando

Serenity was coming to the race.

A few weeks ago I called Serenity and asked her if she would be able to ask her job to take a week off to come to watch one of my races since she never had.

She told me she could sense with her new job they are more laid back. She seems happier since she
Got that job, not as stressed.

I was a bit stressed out a little because of the race and she was coming to watch but also because I needed to ask her something.

I got pole position, Max Verstappen in second, and Carlos Sainz on thrid

From my position on the stands, I could see her smiling and cheering me on.

5
4
3
2
1
"It's lights out and away we go. Lando Norris had a beautiful start there with Max Verstappen just beside him into turn one. Is Verstappen going to make a move? No, he is not Norris pulling away from the pack. If Number four wins this race he will win the championship"

I have to focus. Winning this race is important for me. I want to win it not just for me but also for Serenity. I want to make her proud.

"It's the last lap of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and this is a heart racing. With Lewis Hamilton leading the race to win yet another championship or will Lando Norris who is second pass him and win his first one."

Focus
Focus
Focus

"And he does. Lando Norris overtakes Hamilton into the last turn and it will be the orange car and the British driver who wins this year's championship."

"Lando Norris you are the world champion"

I crossed the line my eyes almost tearing from happiness. I won.

The whole McLaren team ran to my car shouting and cheering. Zac gave me a hug saying how proud he is of me when Serenity jump into my arms.

This was true happiness.

We made our way towards my break room in the back of the garage, greeting everyone along the way.

"You best be Serenity," Daniel said to Serenity.

"Yes, and you're Daniel," she said shaking his hand.

"So good to finally meet you, Lando can't seem to shut up about you," he said.

I could feel my face turn red when she looked over at me.

"Is that so?" she said chuckling.

"Well it was good meeting you Serenity, We are celebrating tonight and tomorrow is the gala. You better wear something nice," Daniel asked.

"I always look nice what are you talking about," I said.

We partied the whole night long. Booz, music, drunken party games it was truly the best moment ever.

I woke up with a massive hangover. I don't drink but it's good to let Lois sometimes.

I took a shower, got dressed in more comfortable clothes and me and Serenity made our way to my car.

We spent the rest of the day hanging out and going to the shops to get clothes for the gala.

"I need to get a dress for tonight," she said as we walked around.

"Versace has good dresses," I said pointing to the store.

"What makes you think I can afford Versace," she said.

"Let's at least look, maybe there's something that's not too expensive. Miss always on a Budget."

"Okay," she said as she rolled her eyes making our way towards the store.