Chapter 5

It had been a few days since Kali had gotten the doll that had a head full of Adelaide's hair. She had it hidden in her walk in robe up the top under all the mess that was up there so her Mum wouldn't find it and she wouldn't have to look at it. No way was she going to tell her Mum about it, it would make things worse and she didn't want her Mum worrying more, plus she didn't want anymore peices of Adelaide in the mail. She hadn't even told Carrie because if she told her she would probably blabber it onto someone.

Last night to police rang Kali to tell her that there were no prints found on the ribbon. It made her feel less hopeful and was sure there had to be prints somewhere on it! Her Mum had started working late everynight and was normally home around 10:30. Kali wasn't a big fan of this so would often go over to Carrie's house at night.

"It must be scary staying at home by yourself at night," Carrie said as she walked down the school hall with Kali.

"Yeah, I get to sleep pretty late," she sighed.

"Well remember you can always come over to mine hun!" Carrie smiled as she patted Kali on the shoulder.

"Anyway are you still coming over tonight? Mum said the pools fixed so we can finally go for a swim!" she giggled.

"Sure!" Kali beamed.

She and Carrie would often go swimming at night in Carrie's pool but it had been broken for ages and they hadn't for a while.

"See you after school!" She said to Carrie as the parted ways.

Kali stood standing infront of her mirror trying to decide which bikini she wanted to wear over to Carrie's. She felt almost guilty if she was having fun and not thinking about her sister, like she couldn't be happy but she knew that sooner or later she would have to get on. That was a bit hard when she was getting sent peices of her. She decided to just relax tonight and have fun with her friend. She finally decided to wear her blue and white bikinis that had frills coming off the top of them. She chucked on a jumpsuit over them and ran downstairs making sure she locked up. She walked around to her small backyard that backed onto a forrest. It wasn't exactly a forrest but it was still creepy at night so Kali tried to avoid her backyard. She walked into her dusty shed that was full of her Dad's things. Wheeling her bike out she knocked over a photo frame that had a photo of her Dad, Adelaide and her all hugging each other. Suddenly she felt overwhelmed and quickly put the photo frame down before she started crying, and wheeled her bike outside.

"Hey!" Kali cheered as she walked through Carrie's back gate.

"Hey," Carrie smiled back. She was sitting beside the pool eating chips and messaging someone on her phone.

"So wanna go for a swim?" Carrie asked, springing to her feet and chucking her phone on the table. They both took their clothes off, just leaving their bathers on and sprinted into the big pool. Kali loved the cool feeling on her skin and she felt so refreshed. It had been a long hot day at school and this was exactly what she needed.They both splashed around some more then sat down on the step and began talking.

"Um, Kali," Carrie began with a worried look on her face.

"What's wrong?" Kali asked, playing with the water.

"Its probably nothing, forget I mentioned it," 

"Carrie!" Kali demanded.

"What is it?" she asked again.

"Well the other day I got this email from an unknown email address," Carrie started.

"And it had a picture attached," 

"Was it some perv, ugh those messagings annoy me so much and,"

"No," Carrie cut off Kali with a serious tone of voice.

"Then what was it?" Kali asked becoming worried by her friends expressions.

"Kali it was a picture of Adelaide, the night she went missing. And it was taken from inside your room."

____________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter! :O Cliffhanger!!

Please keep reading and if you enjoy it vote, fan or comment! :)