...You are not an evil spirit ?

{Chongyun POV}

I was walking in Liyue streets, a popsicle from Wanmin's restaurant in my hands. Well, I was coming back from the restaurant, I needed theses popsicles to lower my positive energy and maybe finally find an evil spirit !

I have been commissioned to go to Quingce's village to investigate about a potential evil spirit around there. I was really excited to go there maybe this day would be THE day !

As I finally make it to the village, I notice that it was rather quiet and that nobody was around. I didn't knew if it was a relief or a problem. I decided to brush theses thoughts and go look for that evil spirit.

Yet, for now no evil spirit, no clues and no sight of one. Even the atmosphere was rather calm.

-“Did I get fooled again ?„

I sigh in defeat as I continue my tracks, hoping to find something. But in the end, nothing. No one. No evil spirit could be found... I was really sad and deceived.

I prepared to go back to Liyue until I heard a noise coming from a nearby bush. I didn't paid attention to it at first, but it soon caught my curiosity. I started walking towards the bush to see what was in there. But then when I was the less prepared

-“ BOO !

A boy around my age, with dark blue hair and a kind of fancy outfit appeared right in front of me, from the same bush. I jump back in fear, a slight scream of fear escaping my throat.

That boy started laughing, looking somehow proud of his action. As he comes out from behind the bush and approach to stand in front of me, a book in his hands.

-“...You...are not an evil spirit....?„

I asked hesitantly, only to cause the boy to laugh more at theses words. Which made me even more confused.

-“No, of course not. I don't look like a ghost at all !„

He said. He was right, in a way, he didn't looked like an evil spirit..

I continued staring at him until he just sighed, watching me like I did something wrong... Well, I was staring at him for so long so, maybe I did something wrong after all.

-“Are you going to keep staring at me for long or are we going to find this evil spirit you're looking for !„

He said.

....Wait

He told me that he's going to help me find an evil spirit ?!

-“Oh, no, please, it's too dangerous for you, I can't risk someone's life while doing my work..

I said almost instantly. This would be the worst thing happening if he came with me.

-“Quit the warnings, I need action, so, I'm coming with you. Who knows, maybe we'll find an evil spirit out there !„

I thought about the request, and I accepted, in the end. A wide smile on both our faces as we start to walk around the village looking again for that evil spirit...

Is it the thing all Liyue people call "friendship" ?

-“Oh, I'm Xingqiu by the way„

-“My name is Chongyun, it's a pleasure to meet you„

... (To be continued)