A new place to go

{Chongyun POV}

-"What a great day today !"

I exclaim myself with a wide smile on my face as I walk in Liyue streets. I was heading to Xingqiu's favorite spot when he's not at home. I won't reveal it, I promised him when he first took me there.

As I get to the spot, I notice only a piece of paper with a pretty neat handwriting. I take it in my hands and read my name on it. I assumed it was destinated to me and I open it to read it's content.

Dear Chongyun,
I won't be there today. I found another spot that is rather calm when I was exploring the land. You can come and find me near a huge lake. Two statues are watching over me while you're on your way. I'll wait you there.

-Xingqiu

I read the note once, twice before understanding. The clues are in the letter !

A huge lake with two statues watching over him... I couldn't think of anything of the sort, I decided to go look for him anyways. I leave the spot, the note in my hands and start to walk around Liyue first, nothing looking like the description so I decided to go visit the land like he did.

After passing the bridge I started thinking places where he could be. The sun was setting already, so I decided to hurry. I was aware of every Evil spirit on my way, looking from side to sides to make sure the path was clear.

After one hour of walking, I arrive to Luhua pool and decide to take a break there. I sit down and immediately notice something. There is a huge lake here. I turn around and see two huge statues. I looks around me but see nobody. I take the letter back in my hand and look at it again, reading every word until "Watching over me".

I look back at the statues and trace where they are watching. It was a hill a little farther but I decided to rush. It was starting to get dark.

I put the note in my pocket and run to the hill as quick as I can. When I get there, I notice the settling sun and a figure standing there watching the sky. A recognizable figure that I knew:

-"Xingqiu !"

I wave lightly, out of breath. He turns around and smile at me before walking towards me.

-"You found me ! It was faster than expected. Why did you run ?"

He asked with a confused look. Which only took me one second to reply, without thinking of anything.

-"I was worried... Something might have have happened to you while I was looking for you..."

I sit down on a rock and just sigh. I didn't notice Xingqiu's face getting pink from my words.

-"Come on, Chongyun...I told you the statues we're watching over me while I am waiting for you.."

He turns around to look at the statues, a smile on his face, which makes me smile as well.

-"The spot is perfect Xingqiu.."

I stand up and look at him. He hands me a popsicle as a reward and I accept it gladly.