16| Yes, I can hear you

Scorpio POV

Scorpio POV

This morning I woke up before my alarm and grabbed a book from my shelf, I read a few pages before the retched beeping of the alarm came. I got dressed into a pair of baggy blue jeans with a white crop top and checkered flannel shirt to go over it.

I headed to grab some cereal for breakfast but Cancer had already prepared the three of us a stack of crepes with banana, chocolate spread and maple syrup cascading down the sides. My face lit up, this was just what I needed to get going.

"You did all this?!" I exclaimed happily to Cancer, embracing her tight hug, food is definitely the way to my heart.

"Yep! I wanted to start the day of well and how better than to have crepes for breakfast" She grinned

"I couldn't agree more" I replied grabbing a glass of water and placing it by my plate.

Pisces shuffled into the kitchen with a pace no faster than an elderly man however when his eyes spotted the crepes Cancer prepared he seemed to transform back to his youth.

Once we finished our breakfast we headed with the rest of the signs to our first class, English. After that we had Magical Botany. Finally, we had alchemy where we brewed a potion that could enhance your hearing but this time Miss Ursa had promised the pair who made the best potion would be allowed to drink it, which of course made the lesson a very competitive one. It was a close match between me and Cancer and Aquarius and Libra but in the end Cancer and I prevailed since the other pair had used one more oak leaf in their potion than the recipe  instructed.

"Here you go girls, a vile of enhanced hearing" Miss Ursa had said, handing both of us a small corked glass "You should beware of the strength but it will only last for about ten minutes"

As soon as Miss Ursa gave me the potion I swallowed it in one gulp. It was a dull yellow and had a thick creamy texture, when it touched my tongue I could taste a hint of Earth since most of the ingredients were flowers and plants.

Everyone in the class now seemed to look at me to see if the potion had worked and after a few seconds, it did.

The first think I noticed was being able to hear my heart pumping blood around my body, especially around my ears. I heard everybody else's hearts beating, then their breathing and even the squelching sound of their blinking until it was an unpleasant orchestra of usually undetectable noise. Someone shifted to another foot and I heard the very atoms in their shoes compress together. I could now start hearing conversations from around the school, I could decipher Miss Auriga shouting at a student for picking out a flower instead of a weed and I detected another conversation, that I could tell was from another part of the school, between two boys who were arguing over a girl. Someone in the class spoke which tuned me out of the other conversation and made my ears ring for a second. A terrifying sound erupted from the room that sounded like a deep, booming growl, I stumbled backward in fear before I saw someone cover their stomach which made me realise it was just someone's stomach rumbling. All my friends looked concerned and started moving their mouths to speak but I was too overwhelmed with the amount of noise and covered my hands to my ears, however it hardly did anything. I clenched my eyes shut and grated my teeth, wishing everyone would stop talking. I wanted to scream at everyone, to tell them to shut up but I was too scared my eardrums might explode.