Quatre

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 🔔 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

L'emplacement: rue de Maxident
Le temps: 20:30

Are the stars not one of the most pleasant sights known to man? They bespangle the sky and hypnotize the eyes, aligned in constellations. But amid these scattered jewels fly the ones that boast eminence, acclaimed by the majority: the shooting stars. They glide and wishes are made on their tails. An honor to witness, yet a horror to face.

Falling out of love was like the meteor that bejeweled its reputation with the fairytale fallacy of a shooting star. It deceived as the one above all else, just as a man's love might've convinced him that all he felt was real. Meteors blazed with confidence as they raced past the stagnant shine of the echt starts, until burning up in the atmosphere. Almost like the love that was never meant to be.

The love that bred swarms of butterflies in the abdomen, and legitimate reactions to further cajole. But just as the meteor cannot withstand the harsh conditions that the atmosphere plates before it, in addition to the burning flames behind, so does this love fail to stand tall throughout the weakest tremor. So can this love disintegrate and allot heartbreak to the partner whose heart truly beats in the pattern of the stars; those that stood. Those that never failed until death.

Felix was a sure testimony to this postulation. It wasn't as thin a skeleton in the closet as he had coveted; he fostered that interpretation instead of the assumption that his mates could study him so well. But could a crazed man not read past his features and harvest the truth? The question that his friends had brought up bleached his face to transparency, expression drooped into frowned lips, restless eyes, and shallow breaths.

The telling of that secret was inevitable, no matter how much Felix would have liked to deny it. The months of deceit had filled him, from the sole of his feet to the brim, with unbearable guilt; only a matter of time until he could hold back no longer. And alas, that evening was his limit. He gulped and stopped in his tracks, and so did the two boys who walked on either side of him.

"Are you alright?" Jeongin, the taller one, with black, frizzy hair and vertical dimples, asked, placing a hand atop Felix's shoulder. "Is something wrong with Jisung? Why'd you become so tense just as Seungmin asked about him? It's only because we haven't seen him in a while."

"Nothing's wrong with him," Felix admitted, shivering as a wave of the evening breeze swopped passed his slackened collar, and down his back. How was he to go about confessing the degeneration of his meteor-like love? Felix was unsure, yet certain that the obligation to come clean would lift his tongue no matter how hard he tried to resist. "I just- there's something that has been on my mind for a long time. But I don't even know how to go about saying it."

"You're making it sound like something terrible went on," Seungmin, the other male, inputted. His brown bangs fell just above his eyes, and his lips were flattened with his pout, glancing at Jeongin before speaking again. "Did he hurt you? Or vice versa?"