𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 - 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐧

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

Valerie was sitting down on the porch, Hattie and Deckard didn't want her doing any of the heavy lifting so she finally just listened and agreed. Maddie sighed and walked over, taking a seat beside her former friend. "Can I ask one thing of you? I just need to know the truth. What really happened that day?" Valerie sighed and looked over to her former best friend.

"The guy who was paying us was going to double cross us and turn us in. So I had to make him think you were dead, so you could get away. I started the fire, and left open the back door for you to escape." Valerie explained, looking away and at the sunset, "They took me in but I still managed to escape, I didn't care as long as they didn't get you. I knew where you were the whole time, staying at one of my safe houses. I acted shocked to hear you were alive because I didn't want anyone to find you."

"So all this time you knew I was alive and you were protecting me?" Maddie asked, connecting all the dots in her head. The times suddenly the alarm went off and then randomly stopped and it looked as if nobody was there. The times Maddie could feel someone watching her but she turned around and nobody was there.

"What can I say? I couldn't lose another friend, I didn't have it in me. Especially after Han." Valerie whispered the last part to herself, everyday she thought about Han. He was the one person in the world who truly understood her besides Deckard. She still couldn't believe he wasn't alive to at least see her get married. What hurt more was that she married the man who killed him.

"Wait what? Han's dead?" Maddie breathed out, covering her mouth in shock. Maddie could never understand why Valerie even dated Han but later on she understood and knew they had a really close bond that could never compare to hers and Valerie'. "Yeah, but he's in a better place." Valerie said, wiping a tear quickly before anyone could see.

Maddie sighed and fiddled with the bracelet around her wrist causing Valerie to sigh and look over. Valerie pulled out the remote and unlocked the bracelet, Maddie furrowed her brows and winced as Val pulled off the bracelet. She ripped off a piece of her shirt and wrapped it around Maddie' bleeding wrist.

"You don't have to stay here to fight. But something tells me you will." Valerie smiled, looking over at Mateo who was already looking at Maddie with a fond look in his eyes. Maddie blushed and looked down, "Thank you." She said, Valerie offered a nod and stood up, walking towards where Deckard and Hattie were.

"Give us the good news, Hatt." Valerie spoke, coming behind Hattie who was kneeled down next to a computer. "I'm in. Only thing is, not gonna be broadcasting a signal off to some satellite for six minutes." Hattie responded,
"Six minutes might be all the time we need. Better than a sharp stick in the eye." Deckard said.