Chapter [15]

[His POV]
»»——⍟——««

"Just go for it, dude." Sapnap concluded

I was near the stairs, hesitating.

"Yes, Dream, you dumbass, Just go for it already" George rolled his eyes "Do it or no balls. Dnf is also over"

I wheezed a little "How does that even work?"

"You just basically told him to cheat on you with her, otherwise you'll break up with him?" Sapnap snorted "Make it make sense bro."

"I don't have to make sense; I am color blind" George smiled "So just do it already"

"Ok, Ok, fine. I'll call you guys later then" I chuckled as I cut the call and headed downstairs towards Marley's apartment.

My stomach was twisting in knots. Just as I was about to knock on the door, it flung open.

I got startled and so did she.

"What are you doing here, Clay?" She asked, clearly surprised at finding me outside her door.

...Again.

"Oh, I just had to ask you something." I trailed off, noticing her outfit. "Are you going out, right now? I can come back later" I said, scratching my neck.

She smiled at me. God. "Don't worry, I was just about to go eat. I can spare a minute" She opened her door wider, meaning for me to go in.

I shook my head "Instead, if you are going to be eating alone, let me join you. I was going to take you out to eat one day or the other anyway"

She stared at me for a second before a smile crept on her face "Are you asking me out on a date right now?"

And I could feel my face burn up "What- WHAT. NO. I- YOU- YES- NO-?" I stuttered. Why does being around this girl make me forget simple English? "I just wanted to pay back for the paper cut but- I mean-"

She started laughing again. "Chill out, Clay. I was kidding. It's so easy to get you flustered that it's kind of cute."

My face burned up and I am guessing she didn't mean to say it aloud either, considering how red her face got.

"BUT, UH, YEAH, you can come with" She tried to change the subject. But too late. I already plan on teasing her about it.

She locked her door and we started walking towards the elevator.

"Cool, so where are we going to eat?" I asked her, slowing my pace a little to keep up with her.

"Well, I was thinking of just going through the McDonalds drive through because I am craving the Mcflurry they offer, but since you are paying for our first ever date, I am thinking somewhere that serves 3k dollar steaks." She smirked

"Yeah sure, any place you know off?" I asked playing into the joke.

"I am kidding! Jesus! I am not sacrificing my Mcflurry for you." She rolled her eyes. And I chuckled.

The elevator came and we got in. I pressed the G button and the doors closed.

"Ouch Mcflurry over McDreamy? I am hurt, Marley. Just saying though, that your cute date wouldn't mind paying for a 3k dollar steak" I smirked at her.

She went red again "I am never going to hear the end of this am I?"

I just shook my head.

To which she replied with "You know what? Sure. Mcflurry over Mcsugardaddy." And started laughing.

I couldn't help it either as I started wheezing.

"You did not just say that." I got out between wheezing and trying to breath.