Chapter [45]

<This chapter toggles between POV's>
»»——⍟——««

[His POV]
»»——⍟——««

I started walking. I needed to leave. I needed to breathe properly. Air without her scent lingering.

I turned towards the stairs, not wanting to wait for the elevator. But halfway-up, I heard a door close slowly. Her door.

And that was all I needed to stop in my tracks and just slide down to the floor. Crouching down, with my face in my hands, I felt so lost.

What was happening??

Why did she look so broken?? What was wrong?? Why won't she tell me?? Am I not trustworthy??

I swear to fucking god if it's because of twitter.

I needed to let it out. I needed to punch something.

So, without thinking, my fist connected with the wall.

I didn't feel anything for a second, before the throbbing pain appeared in the form of blood.

"Shit."

I moved myself so I could seat on the stairs.

What do I do now?

Does she really want to break up?

Did everything between us mean nothing to her...?

Just that thought alone made me want to pull my hair out.

Fuck. I need to get out.

I stood up and climbed down the flight of stairs.

A bitter laugh escapes my lips as I get car keys out.

I thought that maybe we could go on a ride to take our minds off of things like we usually do. Me and Marley. I thought that she would need it after seeing twitter. But lo and behold.

I am the one who needs it.

I open the car door and get in, driving out of the gates and into the roads that can take me anywhere.

'...'

Fucking hell.

This car was filled with her scent. I can't clear my head if I keep constantly thinking about her, and how her blurry eyes broke me.

I roll all four windows of the car down.

After driving mindlessly for a while, I stop the car and find myself in front of the cliff.

The same one where I took Mars to.

Where we just enjoyed each other existence till dawn.

Marley.

[Her POV]
»»——⍟——««

My back is against the door, and I am on the floor again.

The exact same place where I wondered if I had fallen in love just a few months ago.

And now I am back here, wondering if it was ever love.

How cliché.

...

What do I do?

I am so lost.

What do I do?

Is what I did the right choice?

Leaving him?

'Of course, you did. It was for the best. Now he can be free. He doesn't need to waste his time on you. You aren't important. Not to anyone, not to him.'