C.8. Sixth Hour

"Hi Mittal, you are late by 3 minutes.", Said Shehnaaz.

"Woah! Look who is talking?" Sidharth glared at her as he occupied the seat infront of her.

"Chillax! I was just pulling your leg Mittal.", She laughed and he stared at her while shaking his head in disgust.

"Ms. Saxena, I was thinking that we can meet in a different place from tomorrow. Where you won't mistake vodka with water and later taunt me saying that you stayed hungry while I ate my food here.", He said.

"I am sorry Mittal. I don't really remember everything that I said the day before yesterday after I mistook the vodka to water. But I was famished and as I said earlier I really can't afford to eat here.", She apologized.

Sidharth was taken aback because today she wasn't taunting even after his taunt.

"Rs. 7,120", he said.

"Huh?", She asked perplexed.

"You made me spend Rs. 7,120 on that day. For Vodka, Wine, Vada Pav and Auto Rickshaw Ride.", He said.

"What? Did I? Arggghhh..", she made a pouty face.

She then pulled out her bag and opened her purse. He was even more surprised because she didn't even ask him for the breakup of the bills. She counted and gave him exactly Rs.7,120.

"Seriously? I don't want this money. All I wanted to show you was if you had instead eaten something that day, you would have saved spending so much.", He said.

"Yeah, I understood. But I still don't want to eat anything here. Take this money. Next time I will make sure to not even drink water from here.", She said.

He looked at the money which she shoved into his hand.

"What? Come on, you have money. Why do you need to act like a miser?", He asks.

"Mittal, I don't always roam with so much money. I had to pay for lehenga today but that shop owner wasn't there, hence I need to pay him tomorrow. And please, I am not miser, I am thrifty. One who uses money carefully and doesn't waste it unnecessarily. When you get better food outside for less than 1/10th of the rate here, why should I eat here?", She said with a smile

He rolled his eyes. The waiter comes and takes Sidharth's order.

"So what about money for lehenga then?", He asked.

"I will postpone it, what if I really don't need to buy it.", She winked.

"Hmm.. By the way Saxena, you seem to be much calm and sober today. I hope you ain't drunk?", He asked.

"No. This is pure me today. I am not irritated today because I have a brilliant plan Mittal to save us from getting married to each other.", She spoke with excitement.

"Really? What is it Saxena? Jumping infront of bus or truck instead of train?", He asked sarcastically.

She frowns and glares at him.

"Mittal just shut your mouth and listen to me else I will throw you infront of train instead.", She said.

He laughs while she stares at him. He looks at her.

**Awww... Mittu.. you look so cute while smiling.. kuchi kuchi kooo..', she says pulling both his cheeks.**

He stops laughing when he remembers her words praising his smile while she was drunk two days earlier.

"What's there to laugh Mittal?", She asked bringing him back from his thoughts.

"Aaaa.. aaa.. If that is your plan than it won't work. Do I look like a lab rat that you can pick me and throw me infront of the train?", He asked. The waiter gets him his drink.