C.19. Pre-Wedding Hours

The door bell rang and Riya attended to it.

"Yes?", Said Riya.

"Mr. Sidharth Mittal has sent this to be delivered to Ms. Shehnaaz Saxena.", A man said

"Oh.. okay. I am her sister. I will pass it on.", She said.

The man nodded and left. Riya took the big parcel to Shehnaaz's room.

"Di, Jiju has sent me a gift.", Said Riya.

"Huh? What gift?", Shehnaaz asked.

"I don't know. I am yet to open it.", Said Riya.

"Hmm...", Shehnaaz hummed as her phone beeped a message from Sidharth.

Liked the gift?

Shehnaaz replies
She hasn't opened it yet. Keeping your aadhi gharwaali happy, huh?

He immediately calls her.

"What the hell Saxena!! Why would somebody else open it? That's your gift.", He spoke in one breath as soon as the call got received.

"What? Hang on!!", Said Shehnaaz and kept her phone on the bed.

"Riya, that's my gift.", Screamed Shehnaaz.

"I know.. I was just going to open it.. that's it!", said Riya with a cunning smile hiding the packet behind her back.

"Bad manners. You can't open my gifts.", Says Shehnaaz trying to snatch the packet from her.

"Hmmm.. Really? His gift has become so personal? Weren't you the one who wanted me to get married to him instead?", Riya teased and ran around the table.

"That was before. Now it's different.", Shehnaaz runs behind her.

"Di, you haven't told me yet about what happened last night? You will get this packet only after you tell me about it.", Said Riya.

"Why do you want to know?", Shehnaaz asked.

"What if it comes in UPSC exams? I am just getting prepared for it.", Teases Riya.

"Shut up and give me back my gift.", She said frustrated.

"Okay okay! Don't tell me much but atleast tell me did you proposed him?", Asks Riya.

"Yes, I did. Give me now.", Answers Shehnaaz.

"Yay!!! Wait, did jiju say I love you too?", Asks Riya.

"Yes, he did. Now can I get it back?", Says Shehnaaz.

"One last! one last!", Says Riya showing her the forefinger. Shehnaaz narrowed her eyebrows at her angrily.

"Did you both kiss?", Asked Riya teasingly making a kissing pout.

Shehnaaz glared at her. Riya raised her eyebrows.

"What? Are you mad? Just because we were alone for so long and being in love, you think we will kiss? We didn't just kiss.. we made love.",  Shehnaaz whispered the last line with a wink and kissed her cheeks.

Riya froze with her eyes and mouth were wide open. She then gulped. Shehnaaz smirked and pulled the packet from her hand.

"Thank you", said Shehnaaz and escorted her out of the room before closing the door shut.

She opened the packet and found the same designer bridal lehenga with hooks at the back which she had tried earlier. There was a note which read - 'You really don't have to worry about unhooking it. 😉'

She smiled and found her phone. He was still on line. She pressed the phone to her ear and cleared her throat.

"Are you there Mittu?