Chapter 17

After hours

Nicole saw three guys arguing at the country club's parking lot. As she made her way closer, she noticed it was Rafe with some other two guys. One of them looked familiar, he had his black greasy hair tied in a low bun. She knew him, he lived on The Cut, JJ used to buy weed from him. The other one she didn't recognize, it was a new face for her.

"Rafe?" She gathered all her courage and walked up to them, she didn't know what was wrong with her, any other person would of ran the other way.

"And who's this, country club? Your little girlfriend, huh?" He pointed at Nicole.

"Just leave her alone, man. She has nothing to do with this." Rafe looked at her, she saw fear in his eyes.

"Maybe I should take her as a collateral? What do you think?" The black hair guy looked at his partner.

"Barry, please, I told you, I'll get the money, just give me two more days." Rafe pleaded.

Barry walked up to Nicole and pointed a gun to her head. "She's very pretty, would be a shame if something happened to her."

"How much?" Nicole looked at Barry.

"Did you say something, sweetheart?" He looked at her surprised.

"How much does he owe you?" She repeated the question.

"Five grand. What? You gonna pay for him? Huh?" He laughed.

"I have money at home, I can get it for you." She was shaking.

"That's great. You see, big boy, it wasn't that difficult. She has money." He laughed.

He told the other guy to bring his car around. "Come on, beautiful, we're gonna take a ride."

Nicole was forced to go with them, she chose this herself. She didn't know why she was so stupid and decided to go and save Rafe, but she knew she was done with all of his bullshit. She was going to tell his dad every little detail she knew if she got out of this alive.

"FUCK!" Rafe yelled as they drove away.

Nicole went inside, she opened her drawer where she held her underwear. She took out five thousand dollars that she kept hidden. She was going to use that money if she ever needed to get out of this town. Now her back up plan was gone and she blamed Rafe. She took that money downstairs where Barry was waiting. Good thing that her family went out of town for a couple of days.

"Nice house you got here." Barry was looking around.

"Just take the money and go." She stood with her hand stretched in front of him.

"Nice doing business with you. Your boyfriend is a very lucky man to have you." Barry took the money out of her hand and tucked his gun under his shirt.

"He's not my boyfriend."

"Shit, you better tell him that, sweetheart, cause he really seems to care about you. I know I wouldn't." He laughed and left her house.

Nicole locked her door, her heart pounded in her chest, she never felt this scared in her life. Adrenaline rushed through her veins, her legs shook. She heard loud banging on her door that made her jump, she stayed silent. She was scared to move, her whole body was shaking. She hoped that they didn't come back.

"Nicole, open the door, it's me." Rafe stood behind the door.

"Go away." She yelled.

"Can you please open the door, I need to talk to you." He begged.

"What do you want? Are you trying to get me killed?" She opened the door and yelled at his face.

He took a step closer and took her hand. "I would never let anything bad happen to you."

"Bullshit, Rafe. I don't believe a word coming from your mouth. I know you hate me, but this is just too much." She yanked her hand out of his. And turned to leave.

"I don't hate you, Nicole. Believe me." He said as she was about to close the door.

"Then why am I the one who always gets involved in your shit?"

"I'm sorry, I will never let this happen again, I promise." He came closer to her and looked in her eyes. "I care about you, Nicole."

She stood there shocked. He took her hand and pulled her closer to him, she could feel how fast his heart was beating in his chest, her's did too. He cupped her neck with his other hand and his lips stuck to hers. Her heart stopped for a moment, her breath was getting deeper. Their lips moved in sync, he slowly slipped his tongue inside her mouth. She never felt such an adrenaline rush in her life, it felt so good.

"Stop it." She slowly made distance between them.

"Just let me, just this once." Their lips touched again. She didn't know what pushed them to this moment, but she knew she didn't want him to stop.

As dark clouds cowered the night sky Nicole laid in her bed. Rafe was kissing her neck, he took off every piece of clothing covering her body, he could see every inch of her, every birth mark, every imperfection she had. He couldn't believe that the girl from his dreams was laying naked in the same bed with him. Their lips touched, he made his way down her body, as soon as he reached his destination she gasped. It felt so good for her, she grabbed his hair and arched her back. No one ever did anything like this to her before. Her body felt like it was on fire, she moaned and called his name over and over again. As his lips came back to hers, he slowly slid his two fingers inside of her. Euphoria filled her veins, it was better than cocaine, Rafe was better than any drug she ever tried. Her lungs gasped for air when she reached her climax. Rafe took a condom out of his pocket.

"No, no, no. I can't." She pushed his hand before he could put it on. "I still haven't done this with anyone before." She shook her head.

He chuckled and kissed her lips. "I knew it."

"Shut up..." She mumbled and pulled him in for another kiss.