Chapter 7: Old Habits Die Hard

Author's Note:
Hi everyone, sorry for the late update. I haven't really had the time to update.
Enough of my excuses. I hope you enjoy 😊!!!

Kanan and Hera were in the kitchen discussing what to do about Ezra. "well, we don't know anything about him. And because I wasn't aware of him coming... nothing is ready!" Hera explained with a sigh. She was glad that the boy was coming to stay with them, but on the other hand, wished that she had more notice.

"it's fine Hera. He can take the attic room above Zeb's room" Kanan explained, "and besides, just think about how happy Sabine will be about the arrangement".

Hera smiled at the thought of the teen's excitement. "I guess you're right. Sorry, I'm just a bit paniced" she explained with an exhausted sigh.

Ezra on the other hand was minding his own business in the sitting room when suddenly the door burst open, and all Ezra saw was an orange furry blur before he was pinned to the ground by some large white paws.

There seemed to be some kind of orange and white Husky on top of him. However, Ezra didn't get a good look at him before he was covered in slobber.

"Chopper. Get down" came an unfamiliar voice. The husky known as Chopper retreated from Ezra and went towards a tall teenager, who was most probably the 19-year-old that Kanan had called Zeb, before nipping him. "Ouch! Chopper!" shouted Zeb, before the husky quickly retreated towards the kitchen.

Zeb noticed the small teen on the floor with a shocked expression before suddenly shouting, "Kanan! We're being robbed!". Ezra quickly got to his feet on instinct.

"I didn't ask to be here. The cop brought me here" glared Ezra. Zeb's face suddenly changed from anger to confusion. "why'd he do that?" asked Zeb as he slowly approached Ezra.

"I don't know? It's been a difficult morning" Ezra explained with a sigh but didn't go into any further detail before Chopper bit Zeb again, and Zeb ended up chasing Chopper out of the room, as a girl walked into the room.

She curiosity approached Ezra with a welcoming smile.

"you're Sabine, right?" Ezra asked. "you are a really good artist. Hera told me that you painted all of these".

"thanks. But you are...?" Sabine asked warmly.

"Ezra. My name's Ezra. But you may know me as Phantom" he explained. Sabine's shock was obviously clear, and she stood there in silent with her mouth slightly hanging open, before the smoke alarm went off and shouting filled the air.

"KANAN JARRUS!!! I TURN MY BACK FOR 5 MINUTES!".

"sorry, I didn't mean to-" Kanan starts before the was interrupted by a crash, which Ezra presumed to be a plate smashing.

"you know what? OUT! I Can't Deal With This Right Now." Hera declares before Kanan, who apparently can't cook either, entered the sitting room.

"oh, Sabine. I see you've met Ezra" Kanan said as he notices Sabine's ultimate shock.

"you never said that you were bringing Phantom back to the house!" Sabine answers.

"yeah, well... it was a recent development" interjects Kanan, before Ezra interrupts. "what are you talking about? I was in hospital all day, and now it's 7:47pm".

Sabine sighs before saying, "dad, we're not in the 40s anymore. Texting exists".

"as I have heard" Kanan bluntly replies as his gaze turns to the floor sadly.

Chopper quickly rushed back into the room with Zeb behind, before they both stop in the doorway, staring at Ezra again.

Zeb gives a questioning look to Kanan before Kanan sighs, "he's Phantom. Want to tell him your name, kid?".