Chapter 7: An Ending

"NO!" I screamed as I hurried to her. I kneeled on the floor next to her and tried to remove the concrete from her body. As I began to lift, I noticed there was a sickening wound beneath. Her torso was completely smashed by the fallen wall. She lie there, blood spewing from her mouth as I shifted her body.
"NO!" I whaled again.
Tears came crashing down my face. I placed Jenn's head on my lap and began to cry over her.
"Why!?" I yelled to no one.
My sobs grew louder.
"Jenn." I said as my voice cracked.
"Jenn please. Please Jenn." I croaked as I tapped her shoulder.
"Please don't leave me. Please."
"Jenn I love you. Jenn please come back to me."
I laid my head on the wall. The whole room was shaking. This building was about to collapse. It was about to collapse with me in it. But why would I leave? What's the point. The person who meant the world to me was right here. Without her, the outside world would mean nothing.

"I'm sorry." I said through my tears.

I closed my eyes and waited for the end.

I'm ready.

"Candon!" A voice yelled out. I couldn't make out from whom it came, but I was sure it was said. It was followed by a series of gentle sobs.
Was I dreaming?
I opened my eyes to see red all around me. The flames traveled to the bathroom.
The crying grew louder.
"Hello?" I called out?
No response, just more tears.
I set Jenn's head on the floor softly and began to rise. I reached the door of the stall and peered down the hall of the bathroom.
At first, all I could see were flames, but then, in the far corner, I saw something.

It was a woman. She was wearing an all white wedding gown. She sat facing the wall, slanted. Flames were all around her, flowing through her body. She didn't seem to be hurting at all. Instead of cries of pain, she teared the tears of sorrow.
"H-Hello?" I said in a shaking voice.
Then, in that moment, everything went silent. I could not hear the roars of the fire or the crumbling of the building. Instead, I could just hear the woman's crying. It began to distort, lowering an octave. Then she stopped crying all together.
I felt a chill of cold air run up my back.
Cold. Something I hadn't felt in a while.

I felt my hand being pulled backwards. I turned around to see a little girl standing over Jenn.
"Why did you do this to me?" She said as she grabbed a sharp piece of glass.
"Why Candon?" She yelled. She held the glass up to her throat. I tried to say something, but I couldn't.
"Why!?" The girl screamed again. She slid the glass, cutting deep into her neck. Instead of blood, water shot out of her neck, like a sprinkler.
I stood there, completely confused. She started laughing. First, it was a devious kid's laugh. Then, it grew into a deep, evil sounding chuckle.
She looked me in the eyes and said, "And now you're going to pay." Although it came from her mouth, the sound was of something inhuman.
She smiled and ran towards me. I shrieked and tried to avoid her force, but there was no need. She ran completely through my body. I turned around to see where she went, but instead of seeing the pacing of a little girl, I saw the woman. This time she was about three feet from me. Her hair was down, covering her face.
"Jenn. I'm sorry. Please don't leave me. Please." She said, but the words were of my voice.
"Why!?" She screamed, or I did. I couldn't tell. The result would have sounded the same.
Then her voice changed to that of a little boy. "Mandy!" She yelled.
I know that voice. That was my voice.
"Hold on I'm gonna get help!" She let out.
The woman split her hair down the middle to reveal her face.
Jenn?
She looked at me and said, "I'm sorry Candon, it's too late."
And with that she disappeared. The audio of the world returned to me in a sharp blast, banging my eardrums. The ceiling above me started to crack.
The exit.
I started to limp my way to the door, but I was too slow. It was too late.
Then the ceiling came crashing down, and all I saw was black.