Far but near

I saw you last year, you were far but near.
At one point i was scared to approach you.

The day we finally met you were kind and sweet, I was eager to get to know you.

We were inseparable, stuck like glue. Me and you till the end. I couldn't have asked for more.

Too much time made my heart swelter, soon my feelings knocked at the door.

I pushed them out then let them in before shoving them out again.

Because as soon as they entered the house you "only saw me as a friend".

But that was okay, it was fine by me I was just happy to be at your side.

School ended and we were still stuck like glue. Friends forever until the day we die.

The seasons change and the leaves start to fall, and I'm still on the ground. My feelings for you stayed the same.

But you've changed, somethings different, you don't wanna be around me, am I the one to blame?

The grape vine grows and shoots into my ear. Your words stab my heart like a knife.

Six months pass, only a few words are exchanged. Six months, I guess it didn't last.

But today I see you, tears in your eyes. Your day has just gone wrong. 

You say you need a hug so I give you one, and I listen to you cry.

You were my best friend, someone I loved, someone I needed, it might not have helped but i wanted to try.

You don't realize what your missing until it's gone, but gone and lost it is.

If what's good is gone, was there good at all? Or were we acting like foolish little kids?

It's almost been one year, you're still far but near. And now I don't know if I should approach you at all.

There's a distance between us that can't be reached by, foot, car, wheels, or hike.

It's a long strand of words that we don't dare speak, in fear we will both make it worse.

You're far but near, six months, half a year, silence looms over our heads. Far but near the rose colored glasses appear, do I dare put them on again?