PART VI

Daniel reported to the senior officer. 

"Come Daniel", he said and gave him a letter. 

He opens it and finds out that he has been deployed to Afghanistan, for a tenure of three months. 

"This is not good news", he thought " Isa will freak out after hearing it."

"When I have to leave", he asked.

"Tomorrow morning with others", the officer said. 

"Again hundreds of troops have been sent to Afghanistan. The geopolitical condition there is not good and we had already lost so many soldiers", he thought, " I don't want to go there but a soldier always has to follow orders. I wanted to see Isa, I guess we have to wait for some more time". 

They discussed something and then he came back debating, "Should I tell her? No," he decided to hide it from her," she is pregnant, I have heard the mood swings are terrible. I wish I could withstand them but she has to bear everything alone." 

He called Isa at 8 PM and told her that he is being posted at the Mexico border and there is a network issue there, " Maybe I can't call you."

"You are lying", she said.

"How does she know," he thought. 

"No, I am not, why would I lie to my wife?"

"That's only you know".

It took him a half-hour to convince her that he was not lying. 

"Stay safe", Isabella said.

"You too wifey", he said and hung up the phone.

Next day

4:30 AM

Seven fighter jets and three helicopters were sent to Afghanistan.

Bagram Air Base

It is an Afghan military base, and formerly the largest U.S. military base in Afghanistan. It is located next to the city of Bagram. 

He landed the helicopter and with other crew members reported to the officer in charge. 

The condition there was not very pleasant. 

A suicide bomber on a motorcycle killed 5 U.S. troops in an attack near the base. Though he was captured he committed suicide before the investigation.

The bodies of national heroes were packed and the American flag was wrapped around them. Everyone salutes and then gets back to their work. The bodies 

The dying of soldiers was nothing new here. Every other day the news of death came. People think that only one man died, no once a happy family gets ruined. 

Daniel and other members were taken to a camp where they could rest for a while. 

Not even half an hour passed and the entire camp was put on high alert, Al-Qaeda had captured three soldiers near Kabul and slaughtered one of them in front of everyone. This scene was horrible. Every single soldier has felt the terror. They all have watched it in a video. They captured two American journalists and five Britain soldiers and gave open challenges to stop their butchery if they could. 

A team was prepared to save them, though all of the members who were going were aware that they might not come back. This could be their last rescue operation but not even a single person denied his duty.