Chapter 8

Less than a minute on returning to his friend's ship he had been incased in a rib-cracking hug, that gloomy haze in his mind now disrupted as he managed to return the deed only to be brought out to arms length. Sleeves pushed up against his futile attempt to pull back or push the other away in order for them to be brought back down. The stir and racket they managed to create pointed enough to catch Lovino's attention as he grabbed ahold of his Captain by the collar, dragging him and Alfred along into closed perimeters before they drew more attention than they needed.

Almost losing his shirt before he broke the other's rather adamant grip, a wave of nausea now brought up and vile in his throat to the thought of how he had pried Arthur's grip from his collar not too long ago from now. "Antonio," Far too loud for how he had intended his voice to be compared to how feeble his thoughts were for what may have been ruined, both slightly wracked as he muttered an apology. "I'm fine, I'm alright." Clapping a hand onto his shoulder as he used to long before strings had been tightened around his wrists, thus holding them in position, loosened and now able to slip them free.

The action was rather familiar, one that calmed him to an extent. "You were with Kirkland for six months. You can't tell me didn't do anything."

"I assure you, he did nothing." Outside of managing to snatch his heart, although that was not essential to their conversation, nor anyone's business.

"That's impossible!" And there it was: denial in its truest form, from someone who had not been in his shoes for those months. "He's ruthless, an absolute menace. He'll cut your tongue out at any chance if you dare mock those bushes he calls brows-" 

"Come on, be nice. They're not hideous, they add character." Mistake realized on the spot it had slipped from his tongue, quick to regain a composure.

Convinced his friend was far more gone than when he had met him a year ago, and with him their King now lost in their own mind, refusing to listen. "You must have been admitted a tonic of sorts, there's a new one that has gained recent popularity in Diamonds, one that entrances the drinker." Theory pulled from only a few scraps of what he may have heard, though if either were to be certain that would be quite the task.

Grabbing onto his arms he sighed, pulling him close as he swiftly removed his frames, "Look at me. Look at my eyes. I was not subjected to a love potion." Although now he was aware that they were out on the market, and would be sure to inform Arthur, along with raise awareness as soon as possible.

He had familiarized himself with the symptoms after a rather nasty incident on his own ship, none of which showed in his companion. "Then- how?" Uneasy with how he appeared peaceful at the very mention of the one who had thrown Antonio down one unfateful evening, demanding the sum be paid for the damage done to his ship long ago. 

Awesome, he was no longer being viewed as an absolute madman, that was about change though. This was all something he would have to accept as he explored further, attempting to not reveal anything that may expose the two's connection. "We just, clicked." Atleast he could keep the peace for a few minutes.

"You can't click with a murderer Alfred."

"Why not? Afterall, we are still the same even after years of being apart." Had he outright stated his own friend was on par with his husband? Oh absolutely, because there was only a few differences between the two, he was no fool to know that same glint he had familiarized himself with whenever someone dared to push Arthur a little too far, the same glint in his friends eye. They truly had common ground, if only they would admit that nobody is born perfect and no person is without trials and faults. "You've really got to remember, not all that glitters is gold." 

He sighed, at terms that there truly was nothing wrong with him as this was in-fact the person he had taken in March. "Alright, lets get you back then."