8 Running again

Jule's pov

Two weeks later...

My phone rang in the early hours of the morning and I was up and out of bed while answering Ms. Bailin. I was reaching for my oversized handbag by the time I was saying "hello."

"Listen to me very carefully, I don't know who is tracking and informing on you but you have to get yourself and your children out of that place before daybreak. My husband came in late and was not feeling well and I almost missed him mentioning that someone had reported illegal immigrants occupying that particular house. Make sure you don't leave anything or any trail for them to follow. I don't have anywhere else to hide you all and I don't know what to do." She finished with a sad sigh.

"Should I tell Mara also?" I asked her.

"Yes, she's still not clear as yet and even when she is in a few weeks she'll have to lay low for a while. Yours will be an immediate effect." She explained.

"Ok, I'll wake her and we'll get going. Thank you and I'll keep in touch." I told her.

"Please do." She said and the call ended.

I texted Delali telling him then got dressed in a comfortable dark joggers suit and above ankle booty, then dressed my children in their sleep. I gathered together a majority of our stuff before going to wake Mara and tell her. I dropped the backseat in the jeep and packed our things inside. Then I went to the kitchen and packed all of our foodstuffs into the new carriers I had bought.

"I'm done, should I wake the children now?" Mara asked coming to pack her foodstuffs into her carriers.

"In a few minutes let's finish packing first, she said before daybreak and we shouldn't leave anything," I said.

"Ok," she said sounding quite dismayed like how I felt.

We double-checked to make sure we weren't leaving anything behind and then loaded in the children, the bedsheets were the last things off and I double-checked everywhere then we locked up and I drove off in the dark morning.

"Lord please help us," I whispered driving out onto the main road.

"I can't think of anywhere to go." Mara murmured lowly, "I feel so useless."

I drove and parked near where our children's school was, the place was dark and no one was about. I stretched for my baby shuffling beside his sleeping brother and gave him his bottle. When that was finished I gave him some breasts, hoping for him to fall back asleep.

"We better get some sleep," I whispered to Mara.

"I'll try," she whispered back.

After a while, she said, "you know my husband is not the father of my children. Tsk, I do not love him and I had not agreed to have sex with him, he was just to marry me so I could get my papers." She sighed heavily. "He came in drunk one night and started to touch me, I thought if I gave him one time he wouldn't bother me again. I couldn't be more wrong, he wanted it even more than my fiancé and threatened to make it known to him.

I was caught in a web I couldn't spin my way out of and when I didn't give him what he wanted, he would beat the hell out of me and take it. I usually hide the bruises until I could no longer take it and so I ran away." She finished sadly.

"I'm so sorry that happened to you," I told her.

"It seems like I'm being punished, I just want the best for me and my children. Hopefully, their father still loves me enough to want me back." She lamented.

"I hope so, for yourself and your children," I told her meaningfully.

"Please don't tell anyone, I feel so ashamed of myself."