𝟐.𝟔, 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐲

season 2, episode 6: frenemy

"I like it when you fall asleep in my arms

"I like it when you fall asleep in my arms."

THE SUN WAS hiding behind the clouds high in the sky that was above the civilians of Beacon Hills as Beacon Hills High School was filled with students and teachers like it always had been every day of the week, except for the weekend of course. The occasional sound of the bell ringing could be heard as classes were either ending or beginning for the students of Beacon Hills.

A day had gone by since the incident with the Kanima, which happened to be Jackson, at the McCall residence and the Argent twins had taken Lydia home the night before, trying to avoid the strawberry blonde's questions about what happened. They felt bad about keeping the secrets from their best friend as she was confused what was happening to Erica and why Derek was at Scott's house, they were just trying to protect her from the supernatural.

At the moment, during the school day, the Argent twins found themselves in the principle's office as they sat beside one another while their grandfather sat across from them after they were both called to the office. Scott and Stiles hadn't been seen at school as the twins remembered they went to chase after Jackson.

"So, who did you guys say you were studying with tonight?" Gerard questions.

"Just Lydia. We're prepping for our world history midterm." Allison lies.

"History was one of my favorites, especially military history." Gerard admits. "Ever hear the phrase, "know thy enemy"?"

"It's from "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu." Y/n recalls.

Gerard nods. "Very good. Know what it means?"

"In order to win a battle, one must know everything they can about their enemy." Allison replies, sharing a look with her sister.

"Correct. Your guys father and I happen to be having that very problem. We've got an enemy about which we know next to nothing. It's killed one of our own, among others." Gerard explains.

"We've heard." Allison tells him.

Gerard raises a brow at them. "Did you two hear Jackson Whittemore didn't show to school today?"

"He didn't?" Y/n asks, trying to act she didn't know anything.

"His parents called and so did the police." Gerard informs. "You two wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" They don't respond. "Well, let me tell you girls what I know. I know that a teenager's first instinct is to protect their friends. And I believe my granddaughters would always want to protect their friends, even if it meant lying. So I want to ask one more question and this time, with a small advantage."