𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚

your pov

your pov

"i'm sorry," i watched the boys ash blonde hair ruffle in the wind in front of me.

he turned around and looked up at me from his seat on the rock. i expected his face to be contorted in anger but to my surprise, it was relaxed. by the looks of his glossed over eyes and nose, i could tell he had been crying.

"i hope i didn't hurt you," i looked at the ground and tried to sort out what i was trying to say in my head. "i know that there's no excuse, i wasn't really in my right mind even before i came to the beach... i just took it out on you and got worked up over nothing, i don't know why i got all up in your business the way i did. i guess i can be a freak sometimes, and i do really regrettable things without thinking..."

"it's fine, you were right," the boys voice strained.

"i know i was right, but i shouldn't meddle with how other people want to live their lives. it was rich coming from me, i hate when everyone tries to tell me how to handle my life, so i don't know why i tried to tell you how to handle yours. and attacking you was wrong too... even if you did throw me in the water first." i sat beside him.

he turned to look at me. "i don't talk to anyone about this kind of stuff, but i guess since you know nothing about me and you're a complete stranger, i could... maybe once. but if you tell anyone i'll rip your fucking face apart!"

i nodded as a gesture for him to continue. "first off, i think you're the most confusing, eccentric person i've ever met! nobody, ever, in my whole life has had the fucking balls to speak to me like that before! or fight me with such confidence! and then you come along, and you fucking scold me over things i didn't even know about myself, and then- and then you try to beat the shit out of me!" he clenched his jaw.

"you made me wanna puke my fucking guts out. all that stupid bullshit you said..."

he turned to look at me with a serious face, making me feel uneasy. i couldn't tell where he was going with any of this. he didn't sound angry? or sad? i couldn't wrap my brain around what he was implying.