❀𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔: 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐬 𝐎𝐟 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐄𝐥𝐬𝐞❀

You slowly interlocked your arm with Brian's, neither of you able to make eye contact with each other. It was an almost unbearable pain for the two of you to be in physical contact again, knowing fully well that that was the closest you could ever really be.

He took a few steps forward, giving one of the closed entrance doors a light tap, wordlessly calling for the door usher to open it from inside.

You sensed Brian's muscles tighten as your fingers brushed against the fabric of his coat.

As the doors opened, Brian drew in a jagged breath, and you straightened up, making yourself hold your head high, even though the pain was still prevalent within you.

Once the doors had opened entirely, you were able to see the massive congregation of guests on their feet, each every one facing you.

Most of the guests were individuals that Christian and his family were well-acquainted with, so to you, they were strangers. However, it was evident that they were gazing at you with pure admiration.

At the front of the church, right before the alter, stood Christian, dressed in a dashing suit of his own. The moment his eyes landed on you, his face lit up, making you feel guilty for the fact that you genuinely wished you didn't have to let go of the man that was walking you down the aisle.

Ironically, though, the longer you stared at Christian, the more comforted you felt. You knew that you loved him, just not yet in the way you should have.

But you intended to change that.

If Brian could do it, so could you.

With each step that you took, however, your mind drifted farther and farther away from the thought of your future husband, your thoughts wandering back to the memories of your past.

Visions of some of your most memorable moments with Brian flashed through your mind, momentarily taking you back to those very instances - as if you were re-living them with each step forward.

Tears began to form in your eyes as you remembered the conversation you and Brian had had as children, when he had first promised you that he would walk you down the aisle when the time came.

✿ ✿ ✿

"I think I'd like to ride in a carriage down the aisle to my future husband!" your little self laughed as you waved your hands dramatically, standing in the middle of your brother's bedroom as he rested on his mattress, staring at you.

"You can't do that, (Y/N), that's just stupid!" he exclaimed, snickering. "You can't ride a carriage down the aisle!"

"Says who?" you set your hands on your hips.

"Says me," Brian retorted, glaring at you.

"When I get married, I'll be all grown up, and you won't be able to tell me what to do!" you huffed.

"I'm older than you, and I'm always gonna be older than you," he argued. "You have to listen to me, even when we're grown ups!"

"Alright then, since you're oLdEr, how am I supposed to make my way down the aisle to my future husband? I can't walk alone!" you blinked.