❀𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏: 𝐅𝐚𝐫 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫❀

"Woah," Faye's jaw fell open as you reached the bottom of the staircase, having already gotten dressed for the concert that you were soon to leave for.

Dinner had long been finished, and as you approached Faye, there was only an hour left until the concert commenced - so by then, you were both ready.

The rest of your in-laws had been aware that the two of you were going to be out for the most of the night, and though they encouraged you to step out and have fun, they reminded you to stay safe - for the darkness was usually where unforseen perpetrators lurked.

Other than that, the two of you were urged to have fun, and Christian had also requested that Faye not give you too much grief whilst you were out - all in jest, of course.

Now, since you hadn't initially been too keen on being at the concert, you had decided to dress up a little, in the hopes that it would get you a bit more energized for the night - and to some extent, it had worked. Though you still weren't particularly excited, you weren't necessarily reluctant either - now that you had spruced your appearance up a bit.

You now had on a bit more makeup than you were used to, and your outfit was as smart as it was casual - allowing you to look presentable whilst being comfortable with the garments that covered your body.

And judging from the expression on your sister-in-law's face, you were indeed a sight for sore eyes.

"So...I always knew my sister-in-law was beautiful, but this?" she gestured to you with wide eyes. "This is on another level!" she blinked.

A bashful laugh escaped your lips as you shook your head. "Now I really know you're exaggerating," you raised your eyebrows playfully. "I think you look wonderful," you nodded to her outfit, which was every bit the embodiment of the 70s aesthetic that you were surrounded by.

From her hairstyle to her choice of clothing - it was obvious that she had thoughtfully tended to each aspect with the intention to create the most 70s-like representation of fashion.

And you were proud to see that she had succeeded.

She could easily have excelled in fashion school as well if she wanted to.

"You really think so?" she asked with bright eyes, brushing some of her straightened hair away from her face. "I feel like my hair looks far too limp," she grimaced.

"No it doesn't," you laughed, reaching out to shift a few other strands away from her face. "It looks great, I love it," you broke into a small smile as you allowed your hand to fall back to your side.

But just as quickly as you had done that, your expression fell into a blank stare as you involuntarily recalled a memory that bore immense resemblance to the present moment, causing you to freeze briefly as the vivid flashback  came back to life in your mind.

───────────
𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛, 𝟷𝟿𝟼𝟽.
──────────
"(Y/N)! Are you done?!" Brian's voice echoed from below your bedroom floor, making you laugh as you hurried to finish adjusting your gown.

It was the end of the year, and Christmas was only a couple of weeks away - filling everyone with the seasonal cheer that put a smile on everyone's faces. Outside, it was quite cold, and the entire area was beautifully decorated with the perfect amount of snow - and as you stared at yourself in the mirror, you were satisfied to see that your evening attire suited the weather well.