i miss our little talks

Chase rested across the couch with his head in his mother's lap

Chase rested across the couch with his head in his mother's lap. He was playing a game on his gameboy color while she talked on the phone. He didn't mind that she was working, he just liked being near her.

He wasn't a momas boy though. Please don't call him that.

"Oh God," China sighed, hanging up the phone.

"Everything alright?" Chase asked.

"Yeah. It's just your uncle Taj," China shook her head and put her phone on silent. "He's creative. I'm creative. Cameron's creative. But the three of us aren't always on the same page."

"I have a weird personal question," Chase said putting down his Gameboy.

"Lord-"

"So you and Uncle Taj dated, right? Did you do it out of spite?"

"First of all, little boy, we didn't date. We were in the talking stage trying to get to know each other on a romantic level and it didn't really work. No. I didn't pursue Taj out of spite, it just happened."

"How does something like that just happen?"

"Well we spent a lot of time together and I sort of grew feelings. If I'd known they were brothers, I would have never even allowed myself to get close enough to fall for him. But all in all, can't help who you're attracted to. Like you and all them little blonde girls-"

"Ma!"

"Okay, okay I'm sorry," China rolled her eyes. "... but would it kill you to have a little color in your life-"

"I tried." He mumbled.

"Psht! When?"

"Few years ago. I was into this really pretty brown girl. She doesn't like me back. And white girls are the only ones who hit on me anyway. I can't do anything about that. Like you said. Can't help who you're attracted to."

"Okay but when you only entertain one type of woman, it sends a message to other girls that you're not really checking for them so they don't bother."

"... Oh," Chase sat up. "Oooohhh,"

"So instead of only frolicking with the girls who are more than likely trying to date you for mixed babies and Instagram followers, you approach a girl who you're attracted to and see where it goes."

"Mom that's rude to assume they only want mixed babies and Instagram followers."

"You're right. That was insensitive. Sorry. I'm sure one of them liked you for... you... for whatever ungodly reason,"

"Aight square up!" Chase said before putting his mother in a fake head lock. The two wrestled until China called a truce.

"Stop, Stop, Stop. You gon pull my head wrap off." China laughed and they both got back to their comfy position on the couch.