Before the Party

Jack was absolutely excited. It had been a while since the 701 boys had been together, and tonight, the canines were meeting up at Miguno's place for a reunion.

Honestly, though, Jack was slightly anxious.

Legosi, his best friend since forever, was still in the blue over his recent breakup with Haru. The rabbit who'd stolen Legosi's heart had crushed him so utterly for some reason, though Jack guessed she was tired of Legosi's putting himself in danger frequently.

I mean, he literally works for the police as a eye on the streets, but he always comes back with scars and wounds! No wonder Haru couldn't take it!

Legosi had grown distant. He had been in so much danger over the past few years, fighting gangs and stuff, most of the acute details unknown to Jack. But Jack had enough respect for Legosi to honor his personal space, as the dumb wolf had saved him more than once, literally and figuratively.

Jack sighed, finishing the touches on his outfit. He was wearing a old sweater of Legosi's and a pair of slacks.

Jack went out of his bedroom into the hall of the apartment, knocking on Legosi's door, receiving a muffled reply from his roommate.

"We got to go soon, you dork! Hurry up!" Jack said with impatience but also excitement.

"Sorry, Jack." Legosi mumbled from behind the door. "I'll be out in a sec."

Jack sighed for a second time.

Legosi was just... Legosi.

And Jack couldn't help but love the big dummy as more than a friend. But he knew Legosi didn't feel the same. The dummy hadn't ever really noticed him like that.

So Jack would be what he always was. A good boy. The good boy who helped others.

Just like he was helping Legosi.

Sorry for the short chapter. I will write more in the future, based on how people like this. The next chapter will be the one that gets the ball rolling, so prepare for angst! Comment if you guys want more.