The Party

The two canines arrived at Miguno's apartment. There was laughter coming from the inside.

Legosi looked hesitant, so Jack decided to knock. The labrador then looked at Legosi, about to say something, but the door opened before he could.

There stood Miguno, the hyena chuckling as he took in the pair.

"If it isn't my best pals! Lego-man, Jackster, how ya doing?" Miguno said loudly, eyes sparkling.

"We're good." Jack smiled, before elbowing Legosi, who had dazed off.

"Y-yeah?" Legosi stuttered, before he looked at the situation. His tail wagged slightly and he hugged Miguno in a sudden movement.

"E-easy there, Legosi! You're heavy!" Miguno laughed, and yet he hugged the gray wolf back.

As Legosi broke apart from the embrace, Miguno welcomed the pair in, which led to a giant group hug.

Collot the sheep dog, Durham the coyote, and Voss the fennec fox. The rest of the gang was there, and all of their tails were wagging so hard it was creating a breeze.

That's when the drinks came. After being thoroughly intoxicated, the group decided to play some games.

They went outside and started playing a game of catch, to which they stumbled all over each other before the landlord told them off for the noise.

Back in the apartment, the group decided to watch their favorite old horror film.

Jack was absolutely terrified, being the scaredy cat he was, and ended up hiding his face in Legosi's back.

This startled the wolf, as it had been years since Jack had done that. He didn't mind it, but for some reason, it made him feel hot. Legosi rubbed Jack's head, earning himself a affectionate nuzzle.

Jack often got like this when drunk. He would be affectionate in a cute way by begging for attention. It was adorable, and it made Legosi's heart melt.

On the other hand, Legosi grew more... assertive when drunk. Straightforward and honest, he would say whatever came to mind.

"Jack, you're making me feel hot." Legosi said in a slurred voice.

"Am I being too clingy?" Jack asked, timidly fiddling with his shirt hem.

"Nooo... you're just being so adorable that I want to make you mine." Legosi said in a husky way, his deep voice making Jack blush fiercely.

"A-are you toying with me, you dumb wolf?" Jack pouted. Legosi repositioned himself, turning fully away from the movie, all focus on Jack.

"Jack, I would never toy with you. I just want you. So badly." He caressed the smaller canine's head, looking him straight in the eyes as he uttered the next words.

"I love you, Jack. You're a good boy, the best boy, and I love you as much as I loved Haru. I'm so grateful for all that you've done for me, and I don't know how to repay you." Legosi murmured softly, leaning closer to Jack.

The labrador blushed even fiercer, shaking hard. He knew that Legosi would never lie to him about that, and the wolf had a genuine look of love in his eyes.

But Jack pushed his feelings aside.

"Legosi, you're not thinking straight. Why would you be in love with me?" Jack said in a quiet voice, clearly upset.

"Because you are the most important person in my life, and I want you to be happy." Legosi said calmly, moving his hands to hold Jack's face. "Let me make you happy, in whatever way I can. Please, Jack."

Jack's eyes started to water, and he pushed Legosi away, the wolf giving a hurt expression. Jack knew it would hurt, but he wanted to wait until Legosi was sober before confessing his true feelings.

Jack stood up and headed to the bathroom, leaving the light off as he started to cry.

"That stupid wolf! Why did he say all that?!" Jack cried, tears pouring in rivers.

It was a good thing to know Legosi felt the same, but why did he say it only now, after years of being friends and after his first breakup?

After all these years, after all the tears and love and friendship... why now? Why did Legosi pour out his heart the way he did? It hurt that Legosi never said anything like that when sober.

So why? Why?

That was when a knock came on the door with a muffled voice.

"Jack, are you okay? Please come out."

That is another part down. 692 words, and now the plot is rolling. Sorry if I cock-blocked the duo, but I promise, it will get good next chapter. Adieu.