Chapter 4.

I wake up to the credits of the movie we were watching. Sam was still asleep, I slowly sat up reaching for my phone on the coffee table.

"What are you doing?" Sam says all mumbly.

"Grabbing my phone." I say finally reaching it.

"But why? You're sick you shouldn't be moving around." He say sitting up taking my phone away from me.

"Sam!" I say trying to get my phone back.

He puts it behind his back.

"I'm fine now, can I please have back my phone?" I ask him with a puppy face.

"That puppy face ain't gonna work on me." He says giving me a look.

"Why not?" I say.

"It just won't.." He says looking into my eyes.

"Can I just have it back, please?" I say holding my hand out.

"Fine." He says handing it back to me.

"Thank you." I say with a smile.

I check my phone and I've got messages.

CJ😍: I'm sorry you're not feeling well! Get better, ily!!❤️

Paisley✌️: Get better! Ily!💗

Hayes😊: Kaitlin, I'm sorry you're not feeling so good. Don't worry I took care of CJ, I'll drop her off by later.

Josh😒😂: Are you okay? I'm sorry I had to leave early, Danielle texted me saying you were sick or something.

My Replies:

To CJ😍: Thanks, and I've got news for you!

To Paisley✌️: I will! Thanks!

To Hayes😊: Thanks so much Hayes, you're the sweetest!💗

To Josh😒😂: Its alright, I'll be fine. Thanks though!

*convo ends.*

"Are you feeling better?" Sam says walking in behind me.

"Yeah, I feel good."

"Good enough to go hiking? Like an adventure." He says hoping I would say yes.

"I think so.." I say biting my lip.

"I'll just go get changed." I say rushing up the stairs.

Someone knocks on the door, "You can open it Sam!"

"Okay!"

I hear the door open and voices but I couldn't make them out. I ignore and close my bedroom door behind me. I hurried and changed and pulled my hair up into a high ponytail. I walked down stairs to see Hayes and CJ.

"CJ, what are you doing here?" I say giving her a hug.

"Hayes just brought me over.." She says looking back at Hayes and he smiles.

"Are we intruding?" Hayes says standing up walking over to us.

"No, no..?" I say looking at Sam if I said the wrong word.

"We were just gonna go on a hike.." He says looking back at me.

"Would you two like to come?" I say asking them.

"Only if you don't mind, if you don't want us to come, we won't go." Hayes says, looking at me like he knew I was okay with it but not at the same time.

"Oh no, it's alright. You guys can come."

"Okay, cool let's go!" CJ says taking my hand and rushing out the door.

We all got into the car and we were on our way! I was really excited, I just love going on adventures and just being out in the fresh air.

Moments later we arrived at the canyon. We get out of the car and the first thing I did was take out my camera and took pictures from where we were. I took a couple of pictures and as I was taking a picture Sam came up behind me, hugging my waist.

"You're so focused.." He says with a light laugh.

"Well of course I am." I say taking the picture then looking at the picture I just took. A smile goes across my face.

"You sure do love doing that don't you?" He says taking my hand and interlocking them.

Butterflies came flying into my stomach and I just became nervous and forgot what Sam just asked me.

"Kaitlin? Are you alright? Do you feel sick again? We should head back." He says pulling me towards the car.

"No, no. This is perfect. I'm totally fine. I was just thinking.." I say looking down at the ground.

"Thinking about what?" He asks taking my hand again.

"Sam.. What are we?" I say looking up into his eyes.

"Uh, I don't know, what do you want us to be?" He says looking back into mine.

"One day I- I want there to be an us.. But I don't know about now." I say shaky but I got it out there.

"I want there to be an us too! But are you scared it's too fast or?"

"You just give me the butterflies, and my emotions go all crazy and I don't know if I'll be able to control them.."

"Don't worry, it'll work out." He says brining me into a hug.

"Come on guys! Let's go!" CJ says happy walking hand in hand with Hayes going up the trail.

We laugh at her and started following up after them.

"Wait.." Sam says placing his warm hand along my cheek. He leans down and kisses me and I place my hand on his neck.

"Thank you." I say with a smile after.

"You're welcome." He says with a smile and interlocks hands with me and we finally catch up with CJ and Hayes.