12

"Lord Ayato! Please calm down!"

"Calm down? It seems like the head of the Iyashi Clan still understimate my wrath." Every one in the Iyashi trembled. It was the first time they had seen the commissioner unclothed of his calm demeanor.

"Besides, you were the one who agreed to that kind of set up. It's just right that we get a portion of my daughter's a-" before he couod even finish his statement, Ayato's blade was already theatening to cut through his neck.

"Daughter? She is the Highest Lady of the Kamisato clan, a Himegimi, and you will address her as such." He hissed, pressing his blade deeper on his skin, causing a tiny amount of blood trickle down from his neck.

"Our clan is close to the Shogun. We have ties with the Tenryou commission. You cannot make threats here-" once again, Ayato's blade presses further.

"Then let's see what's faster, you asking the Tenryou commission, or me cutting your fragile neck with my blade." Ayato threathened, his eyes filled with rage.

"My wife is second in ranks in the Yashiro Commission. Your household is nothing in the San-Bugyou. How dare you disrespect her by stealing from her?" 

Akina's father cowered in fear. In desperation, he stared at his daughter and sent her a pleading gaze. "Akina, my daughter...you're an Iyashi..you cannot take that away.. How can you let your family be threatened like this? Remember your roots Akina..You are worthless without our name."

Akina froze in her spot. The last phrase was her minds trigger from all the trauma she has been through in the Iyashi household. The whipping, the ice bath, the beatings, and most especially, the yokes and the chains. All of thise images from a distant memory flashed all at once. And the phrases she would always cry out once again escaped her lips. "I'm sorry...please forgive me..I'm so sorry...I'm worthless, I am trash..I'm so sorry.."

Her legs weakened, and her knees fell as she harshly covered her ears. No matter how much shw tried, the voiced wouldn't disappear.

"Akina.."

Worthless.

"AKINA!"

Trash.

"Akina, snap out of it!" Suddenly she felt a pair of huge warm hands touch her cheeks. Slowly, she regained clarity. And the first thing she saw, was the worried look on her husband's face.

With tears on her eyes, she called out to him. "My Lord.."

"You are the Highest Lady of the Kamisato clan, Akina. No one can hurt you, nor trample you. Not even the Iyashi household." He whispered, pressing his forehead on hers.

Slowly, she nodded and stood. Firmly than ever.

"Whatever you wish to do with the Iyashi household, I'll support you." Ayato whispered, pressing his lips at the back of her hand. "You have beside you, My Lady."

"You are wrong about one thing, Father." Akina coldly muttered, which took his father by surprise.

"I am not an Iyashi." She declared,  conjuring her sword from her palms.

"I am a Kamisato."

With that, Akina chose to walk away. But Ayato wasn't satisfied. Before following her wife, he drew his blade. And without breaking his gaze unto the Iyashis, he sliced through the air with unmatched speed. And the entire household of the Iyashi clan was sliced in half.

"You may use the money you stole from my wife for repair." He said and walked away.