8

"Thoma, please enlighten me, why is my wife on the roof?" Ayato chuckled. He could hear the stomping from his study.

"Quite an interesting story my Lord, actually. I heard she wanted to give Arataki a job by making him clean the roof, but now they are just playing around, I saw the oni tossing his pet from the roof to make Lady Akina laugh. That pet is tough as rock."

A soft laugh escaped Ayato's lips as he wrote his paper works.

"Do I stop them my Lord?"

"Ofcourse not, she's happy." He gave him a sad smile. "It's so rare to see her happy these days."

"If I may my Lord, you wish to capture her heart right?" Thoma asked, holding his fingers to his chin as if in deep thought.

"Quite a difficult dream to have right? Would you believe me if I say, that's the only selfish desire I ever had?" Ayato smiled at his housekeeper.

"But the thing is, it might still be difficult for her to trust anyone here. She still feel suffocated. I've observed her, every thing she does is very calculated. She's always very careful around anyone in the house, on top of that, she doesn't really have any friend here."

"By that you mean??"

"I just think maybe what you need to do is, before trying to make her love you, maybe you should try being her first friend in the estate first?"

Ayato nodded. "I shall keep that in mind after I deal with the Iyashi Household."

------------

In the afternoon, Ayato hopped on the roof to find her wife seating on the highest edge.

"Waiting for the sunset?" Ayato asked her.

"I could feel the wind up here." She whispered as she closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath.

Ayato lifted his hand, trying to feel the wind through his palm. It was cold, but comforting. "The wind seem so fond of you."

"As the water is to you." She spoke calmly, not breaking her gaze forth to the vast horizon.

"Akina.." He spoke her name.

"Yes, My Lord?"

"If I ask you to tell me your troubles not as your husband, but as a friend, will you do so?"

His wife slowly turned her gaze towards him, gently, she smiled at him which melted his heart. "I still find it hard to breathe anywhere in inazuma." She told him with a hint of sadness in her tone.

"What happened to me, wasn't really hard to forget." She said. And it was clear in her eyes that she has been hurting.

Gently, he touched the back of her hand with his palm.

"I apologize for last time, but please know that I sincerely wanted to help. I know it feels like I'm somehow indaving your matters, but I just genuinely wish to support you."

The wind brushed both of their cheeks. As if to send message.

His wife smiled, nodded with her eyes closed. "The wind felt your sincerity, My Lord."

"I know you're a good man, my Lord. It's just hard for me to let anyone in right now. But if the wind trusts you, so will I."

Ayato smiled back, for once, she has finally looked straightly at him. For once, she has finally shown him a genuine smile. And she was beautiful.

"As for the children I'm reading to, they would very much appreciate it if you could donate some reading materials and art supplies. They loved making arts and crafts. I could only support them little by little with the money I have."

"With the money you have? What do you mean?" Ayato asked suddenly, leaving his wife confused.

"Well, It's true that I withdraw money from your account, but they're only for the estate. I have to work at times to have pocket money."

Ayato narrowed his eyes. "Is that why you're not at home at times?"

"Yes?" She replied in confusion, as if it was normal to her to be treated like that.

"Akina, out of everyone in the estate, you have the largest allowance. That's one of the conditions I've agreed with your family before we wedded."

His wife frowned. "But I never used any money, nor had I been made aware of that." She told him, and he nodded.

"I believe you, that's why we have to go to the Iyashi household right now."

"Why?"

"Because according to the financial reports, your allowance is being constantly withdrawn."