please keep breaking my heart

˜"*°•.˜"*°•21-25•°*"˜.•°*"˜
_______________________________________
𝗦𝗼 𝘄𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗲 𝗴𝗼
𝗪𝗲 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻
𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲'𝘀 𝘁𝗼𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘀𝘁
𝗪𝗲𝗹𝗹, 𝗶𝘁 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗺𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗲
𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁'𝘀 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗼'𝗹𝗹 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘂𝘀
'𝗧𝗶𝗹 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵 𝗱𝗼 𝘂𝘀 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁
𝗣𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗸𝗲𝗲𝗽 𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝘆 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁
'𝗧𝗶𝗹 𝗶𝘁 𝗰𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲𝗮𝘁
𝗣𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗯𝗲 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝗪𝗲𝗹𝗹, 𝗶𝘁 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗺𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁'𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗻𝘀
𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗯𝗼𝗱𝘆...
𝗢𝗵-𝗼𝗵-𝗼𝗵-𝗼𝗵 𝗼𝗵-𝗼𝗵, 𝘄𝗼𝗮𝗵
_______________________________________

        "Get down!"

        Dipper fell to the ground with an undignified 'oof', someone else's weight dragging him down. A few seconds passed, so he chanced a glance upward.

        "All clear. False alarm." Dipper heard over the earpiece of the person laying on top of him.

        "You know, I'm starting to suspect you enjoy tackling me to the ground." Dipper rose up from said ground and dusted off his suit with a moue of disgust.

        Cody touched his earpiece and sent Dipper a grin. "Can't be too careful, after the attack at the trial. Also, it's just a perk of the job."

        Dipper heaved sigh. "That's the second false alarm we've had today. I don't think anyone would be foolish enough to try to take me out when I'm in such a crowded place."

        "Dipper," Cody pinched the bridge of his nose and glanced behind them. "You're what we consider a high target right now, seeing as you just made a bunch of very powerful people very upset."

        "I'm not getting cocky, Cody." Dipper took a moment to peek at his watch. Much to his annoyance, he still had around four hours of the wretched press conference. "I knew what the stakes were when I decided to go through with this."

        After two years, Dipper had finally dismantled the entire Valentino Mob, a journey that took him across the continent, and even across the world. Dan Valentino had been tried and sentenced to life in prison, at one of the most secure prison facilities in the entire world.

        Wendy Valentino had gladly testified against her father and broke into tears when the whole ordeal was over. And Dipper still checked up on her and her family as often as he could.

        But there was one person he couldn't find. After that fateful night two years ago, she had completely disappeared. Even with Dipper travelling across the world doing the things he was doing, he didn't run into her or see her once.

        Worry dug its ugly claws into his mind.

        "C'mon, we gotta get to the banquet hall." Cody bumped his shoulder against Dipper's, some sort of understanding written across his face. "Then, I'm taking you out for a beer or something."