all else must have failed

˜"*°•.˜"*°•IV•°*"˜.•°*"˜
_______________________________________
𝗦𝗼 𝗶𝗳 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗾𝘂𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗹𝗹
𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗲𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗺𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗳𝗮𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗱
𝗜 𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗻, 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹
𝗖𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝘄𝗲 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗿𝘀?
𝗪𝗲𝗹𝗹, 𝗶𝘁 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗺𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁'𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗻𝘀
𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗯𝗼𝗱𝘆 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂
𝗜𝘁 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗺𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁'𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗻𝘀
𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗯𝗼𝗱𝘆 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂
_______________________________________

~.~.~.~
2 hours post-mortem.

        Giving psychiatric lectures at a local college was something Dr. Mabel Gleeful-von Kaiser had gotten used to. And, typically, the colleges she spoke at were only full of those who truly wished to be there and had the same passions as she had.

        However, there was definitely some place else she'd rather be that day. She would've rather been with Pacifica to talk with her about the proposal, and to give her as many helpful tips about pregnancy as she could.

        It was rather exciting but for a variety of reasons. The top two being that she was excited to have Pacifica as a sister-in-law, and that Dipper was finally happy with his life. He'd put a lot on the line for a long time, pushing his own wants away for the sake of his career. But, meeting Pacifica had sparked a change in him that Mabel was happy to finally see.

        "We're just about ready for you, Dr. Gleeful." The dean said.

        "Perfect, I just have to take this." Mabel gestured to her phone which had just flashed with Pacifica's name. "It'll be just a few minutes."

        The dean nodded and walked back into the lecture hall as Mabel answered the phone and put it to her ear.

        "Hey girl, I'm just about to give a lecture, but I have about five minutes so—"

        She was cut off by choked off sobs and sniffles.

        "Paz? Is everything alright?" Mabel eyed her surroundings and took a few steps toward the window. "Did Dipper already screw up the marriage? Ugh, can't believe him."

        "M-Mabel," came Pacifica's trembling answer. "God, he's dead! I-It's on the news right now, my god, he's dead. Some. . .someone shot him, god Mabel it's awful I. . ."

        The rest of Pacifica's distressed rambling fell upon deaf ears. It was all Mabel could do to keep her hand on her phone as her world slipped from its axis. And despite always being prepared for the worst things, and always having a level head on her shoulders, she fell to the ground and cried.

~.~.~.~
2 1/4 hours post-mortem.

It was her first day off from work in over a week so Candy was determined to get some housework done. Aurelio was out shovelling snow from the driveway, insisting to do some work for himself, and Howell was in the sitting room watching television, last she saw it was the news.

So, Candy was in the kitchen cleaning a few dishes up from their late breakfast when all of a sudden Howell just started screaming.