the seasons of cicada days (2/3)

˜"*°•.˜"*°•Day 4– Day 5•°*"˜.•°*"˜
_______________________________________
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗰𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗱𝗮 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝘀, 𝘄𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘂𝗽
𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗜 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗶𝘁 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝘀 𝗶𝗻𝗵𝘂𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗺𝘂𝗰𝗵
𝗟𝗲𝘁 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗺𝘆 𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗹𝗮𝗴𝘀 𝗳𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲, 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗵, 𝗜 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝘂𝗽!
𝗗𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗹𝗲𝘁 𝗺𝗲 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗲, 𝗜'𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝗜 𝗴𝗮𝘃𝗲
𝗢𝗸𝗮𝘆, 𝗜'𝗹𝗹 𝗽𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗺𝘆 𝘀𝘁𝘂𝗳𝗳
𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝘀, 𝗺𝘆 𝗴𝗼𝗱, 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗜 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲!?
𝗖𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘁, 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗶𝘁 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝘀 𝗱𝗮𝗺𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝗵𝘂𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗜'𝘃𝗲 𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗱 𝗼𝗳
_______________________________________

Day 4

The following morning, Vicky struggled to wake up fully. In dire need of some sort of caffeine to get the motor running. Too bad she was grounded.

She briefly thought about texting Char and asking him to make a coffee run or something, however she felt pretty guilty about asking him for anything after what she'd done.

He'd lied about it to make her feel better, even though she completely compromised everything he was working for. Vicky spent the whole day yesterday apologising relentlessly to him, and all he could say about it was 'don't worry about it'.

She really did want to believe he wasn't angry about it, but it was a pretty hard lie to swallow.

Still, there wasn't much else that could be done other than swear up and down that she wouldn't meddle in his affairs anymore. So, she got up and got ready for the day.

When she meandered down the stairs, it was quiet. Like she was the only person in the world up. But, as she turned the corner into the kitchen to try to find something to eat, she saw Macey sitting on the floor with a book in hand and Brutus cuddled up next to her.