the seasons of cicada days (3/3)

˜"*°•.˜"*°•Day 6– Day 7•°*"˜.•°*"˜
_______________________________________
𝗞𝗲𝗲𝗽 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸, 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸𝘀 𝗶𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸 𝗶𝘁
𝗦𝗼 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸 𝗶𝘁, 𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗵 𝗶𝘁, 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗶𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁
𝗢𝗻𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗮𝘁 𝗮 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲, 𝘁𝗼𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗼𝘄'𝘀 𝘁𝗼𝗼 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲, 𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗻
_______________________________________

~.~.~.~
Day 6

It was strange, to say the least, at Gleeful Manor the following day. Macey had to watch as the Horsemen introduced themselves to her aunt and uncle and even her mom, and even a more formal introduction to those who actually met them prior.

But, because they were Char's North Caldwell family, they were immediately accepted.

Uncle Jenson was chatting with Delmira, who Macey discovered was the oldest, about weirdo stock market things that Macey couldn't begin to comprehend. Aunt Mabel had taken up with Felix, who was the youngest, and was chatting about Freud or something. And even her mom was easily befriending the short girl named Wanda.

Yet, the adults still had no clue about Char's injury. Macey got the PG-13 version of the whole story, and it left her reeling.

It was considerate of him, he explained himself to her, Vicky, and Wes all one-on-one. And, despite the slight wince when he moved his arm, he seemed to be fairing much better. Thank you, Dr. Marsden.

The only Marsden on the premise was Kai, who was happily chatting with the adults and the newcomers. Howell had left hours ago.

Everything was back to normal. As normal as the Gleeful-von Kaiser/Southeast household could be. A sigh of relief escaped her lips as she patted Brutus gently, her ease comforting him.

The only odd thing was that Char and Vicky left to go somewhere together, and they didn't take the charger. They went in Vicky's stylish Porsche, but Char kept in touch.

So, everything was okay.

"Mind if I sit?"

Macey blinked and noticed the tall Delmira standing off to the side, her eyes calm as the night sky. With a slight nod, she made space for Delmira on the couch.

She settled in easily, a soft sigh escaping her lips. "So, you must be Macey, correct? We've heard a bit about you."

A quizzical look crossed Macey's features, and she tried to raise a brow. "You have?"

Delmira nodded. "Yes. You're an extension of Char's familial network, of course we've heard about you."

The woman before her was strange. All her words were calm and precise and clinical. But there was an odd sense of comfort that Macey felt amongst all that.