CHAPTER TWO: CLOSER

"Can I come in?" Ransom looks down at you, trying not to look at the shorts and t-shirt you changed into. That's too much skin for him to process at once.

You step aside and gesture for him to come in. You then close the door and go back to sitting on your bed.

"What did I do wrong now?" You ask, already annoyed.

"Woah." Ransom arches a brow at your attitude. "Look I'm sorry I've been a dick, ok? It's hard for me. I've been living alone since I was 18 and then I went from being by myself all the time to having three roommates. I'll try to tone it down but you can't take it personally if I say something mean."

That's the worst apology you've ever heard. "Alright, anything else?"

"No, just be there Friday night. Mopping in your room is forbidden until midnight, then you can come back in here and hide."

"I'm not going." You watch as he opens your bedroom door.

"It wasn't a question, sweetheart."

He leaves without another look and leaves you to your thoughts.

The first thing you do after coming home from work on Friday is to take a quick shower and get dressed because surprisingly enough, you've decided to go hang out with everyone for a little while. You put on a robe after your shower and walk to the kitchen where Theo and Chase are.

"I decided to go, I don't want to hear any nagging about it. Just tell me what I should wear because I suck at this."

"Dress." Chase answers quickly.

Theo nods as he agrees. "Definitely a dress."

"Great. Jeans it is. Thank you guys." You turn around and go back to your room just as Ransom walks out of his.

He looks at your robe and grins. "Nice outfit for tonight, princess."

You roll your eyes and walk into your room. "Hilarious." You say sarcastically before closing the door.

As you stand in front of your closet you come to the conclusion that you hate every piece of clothing you own. Whatever you choose, you'll look like a dork. You decide to put on your favorite pair of black jeans and a simple white t-shirt, with a pair of black flats. You style your hair in the way that you like and stick to winged eyeliner and mascara for your makeup.

You walk out of your room and make sure to close your bedroom door, the last thing you need is people going through your stuff.

You search for the guys around the loft and find them sitting on the couch in the living room.

Chase lets out a low whistle when he sees you and you instantly roll your eyes. Ransom looks away from the TV and at you instead, a small grin tugging at the corner of his lips. "Beautiful."

His comment surprises everyone, including himself.

"Ok everyone calm down, it's a pair of jeans and a t-shirt." You plop down on the couch and look at the screen.

"I think the words you are looking for are either thank you or I know I am rocking the hell out of these jeans." Theo nudges you with his elbow as he talks.

"The words I'm looking for are please stop."

Soon after people are starting to come in and it doesn't take long before you lose sight of all three of your roommates. You could walk around, introduce yourself to the people you don't know and make small talk, but it sounds terrible and you don't want to do it.

You are horrible at small talk, you never know how to approach people or what to say and it makes you nervous just to think about doing it.

After spending an hour sitting on the couch with no one to talk to, you walk out of the living room and go to your room instead. You change into your PJs, grab a book and get under the covers to read comfortably, the music is too loud there's no way you can sleep with that kind of noise right outside your door.