•Chapter two•

We park the car a few stops away from the house and walk over. Jack carries a bag of wine as a gift.

"You do realise the invitations say its a 'sober house' right?" I say to him with frustration.

" Its just a gag" he replies. He knocks on the door where a Blonde women, who looks her early forties, answers the door.

"Hi! Hello! Welcome welcome" she leads us into the house. Its huge. The décor is absolutely stunning too, very modern yet aesthetically pleasing. A girl walks over and hugs Jack and I.

" A gift for the birthday girl" Jack hands the bag of wine to the women. She quickly grabs it and hides it down by her legs.

"That's a kind thought but the invites did state that it was a sober house" She whispers rather aggressively. I look at him with an 'I told you' face, and he rolls his eyes at me. He apologises then drags me out back where everyone seems to be gathering. Then he spots someone who he seems to know and wonders off leaving me on my own.

I wonder over to a bar of drinks, obviously alcohol free, and pick up myself a can of Coke Zero from the ice bucket. I open it whilst I take a seat at the bar. All of the sudden, someone sits next to me.

"Hi, I've never actually seen you before" She says to me friendly, but also clearly confused. The woman had blonde hair slicked back in a curly ponytail, and wore a slick black dress.

"Oh hi, yeah I'm sorry I'm just here as a plus one with my boyfriend Jack Madsen? I don't know if you know him. But yeah I don't really know anyone here." I laughed awkwardly hoping she would understand. She chuckled,

"Oh right I get you. Oh yeah I know him, we used to go to school together." she explained.

We ended up chatting for most of the night, and got to know each other better.

"I know this is a sober house but do you want to go inside and go inside and get a drink?" she asks.

"Sure why not" I wander into the living room where she follows with a bottle of wine. We both take turns drinking it.

We start to get a bit drunk

"So, tell me your life story" she says, with a hiccup at the end. I sigh.

"You don't want to know, its too sad" I state with a hint of humour. She gives me a look. So I begin.

"So currently I'm in a relationship with a boy who loves me for sex and looks, and not for my personality or interests, which I don't get cause I am highly amusing and have a great personality" I say drunklike.

"Wow you must be really good at sex then" She jokes. We both laugh.

"Oh fuck aye. Better than him" I state. She leans in closer to me with a wobble. I lean in too, staring at her lips.

"I could be much better than him" I look up at her. My hearts in my throat. Currently I am in a state where I can see three of her. But only one of them touch my lips.