•Chapter Six•

It's late at night and I start to wander around my living room in search of something, except I have no idea what it is. Maybe I'm looking for something to do but I am unsure of what I am in desperate need for. I am tearing apart my draws, pulling each and everything out of them, making a mess of the apartment. It's like an unsolved mystery, but I realise now that I am not in need to find something I'm in need of a way out. Just as I am tearing apart one of the draws in my bedroom, I hear the front door unlock. It's Jack. I reread the script in my head on how things are going to play out over and over again, as I hear his footsteps grow louder.
"What the hell is going on?!" He roars, his eyes scattering about the place studying each draw and cupboard I have torn apart. I turn around looking at him, not sure how to start the conversation. I see the anger in his face growing.
"You better clean all of this up Kate or I-"
"Just leave! I don't want you coming around anymore, I don't want to see you" My mouth closes slowly, in shock of what I just said. I'm internally shaking, however my physical state is trying to keep itself calm to not show how scared I actually am.
His face grows in shock, not knowing what his actions are going to be I turn around.
"Kate this is ridiculous, come on!" He shouts.
"Leave" I shout back. I expected this night to end badly, however to my surprise he picks up a bag, throws his things in there and leaves with a huff.
"It's not like I wanted you anyway" he mutters while leaving the front door. I'm left sitting on my bed, frozen with shock because of what just happened. I know he's not really gone, we've been through this many times before, except this time was calmer than the previous. I look around the apartment, feeling too numb to clean, my cat sitting on a pile of clothes in the corner of my room looking just as puzzled as I am. He chews on a wrapper from the donut shop, while I stare blankly at him, my eyes full of tears. It gives me an idea. I pull out my phone and start scrolling through my contacts.
"Hey, could you come over? I just need someone right now" I say into the phone.
-
- time skip
-
I sit there on my sofa, legs crossed with my cat sat on top. I stare blankly at the tv, playing some game show that airs every night ; The woman answering a question correctly based upon a guess, winning her an extra 5,000$ allowing her to go on that cruise of her dreams with her husband. Sounds nice. I hug my cat, shaking now physically...waiting for the doorbell to ring. The woman answers another question on the tv.
"Which one of the following is not a European country? Is it A. Slouvakia B. Iceland
C. Monaco or D. Norway"  The lady rules out Norway and Monaco as she visited them once on holiday, however she is stuck between both Slouvakia and Iceland. I go with A, as I never heard of it before, while the lady goes for B. The suspension music starts to play before the presenter reveals the correct answer, I always hated shows like this however they are good for making your mind at ease.
"And the correct answer is... B" the lady howls with excitement as she had just won herself 35,000$, the presenter shakes her hand as the camera pans out and the credits begin rowling. My cat purrs as I stroke her back, until I hear the familiar sound of the doorbell.
"Come in Leigh!" I shout. She opens to door to find me within a pile of mess in the livingroom. I feel embarrassed but also relieved that she is here.
"Oh no, what's happened?" She races over to me in concern.
"I left him"
-
-
Sorry for not posting in a while, honestly I had no motivation. Anyways I hope this chapter isn't too chaotic for you, thanks for all the love.