1| 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐈𝐓

"𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐧

"𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐧."
-ˋˏ ༻✧𓆩♡𓆪✧༺ ˎˊ-

SATURN AMELIA STRAND SAT IN HER newly waxed silver chrome Infinity car as she rummaged through her bag to desperately find her phone. Sadie had a precise schedule with her older twin brother, T.K. Strand and they would call each other everyday  as a daily checkup to make sure they were doing okay.

Sadie pulled out her iPhone, which was bedazzled in a transparent clear case jeweled with faux diamonds that one of the kids she used to babysit made. Once she retrieved her phone, Sadie was quick to press on T.K.'s contact and pressed the speaker button while putting it on the dashboard as she braided her hair for work.

"Aren't you supposed to be on your shift right now?" T.K. asked in an exuberant teasing manner. Sadie rolled her eyes at her brother and continued to braid her chestnut brown hair.

"As a matter of fact, I'm in front of the firehouse right now, so I'm technically at work right now," Sadie said, looking at her brother and shaking her head proudly.

Sadie had a jubilant joyful personality that radiated on her co-workers. Whenever she walked into the firehouse, her soft and gentle tone of voice instantly soothed and fabricated their day into something blissful.

"Yeah, yeah, but Sades, I have to tell you something. It's important." Sadie instantly noticed the change in T.K.'s demeanor and her body stiffened, nervous for what he had to say.

"What is?" Sadie's heart was palpitating faster by the second, holding in her breath while eagerly holding the phone up to her ear so she could have her brother's undivided attention.

"I want to ask Alex to marry me." Sadie's jaw dropped slightly, her voice feeling completely useless, the lump in her throat growing.

"Sadie please say something." Sadie utterly despised Alex, T.K's boyfriend. She wasn't sure what it was, but Sadie simply didn't have a good feeling about the man and her stomach twisted and churned whenever he was around her brother.

She wanted to immediately tell T.K., no and he deserves better, but she also knew how much he cared for him, so what left her mouth next, was inarticulable.

"Oh," Sadie muttered and paused for a second before clearing her throat, "well, if you think he's the one, then go for it T.K., either way, I'm proud of you and I will support you no matter what."

Even though Sadie couldn't see T.K.'s face, she knew that he had an ecstatic smile plastered onto his face and she couldn't help but reciprocate the smile on the other end of the line. With all of the emotional and physical trauma, both twins went through, they vowed that they would be there for each other, no matter what.

"I was hoping you would say that. Thank you, Sadie, I love you. I should let you get to work now." 

"Talk to you later, bro. I love you more." With that, Sadie hung up her phone and released an exhasperated sigh before walking out of her car and slamming the car door gently, striding brightly into the firehouse.