episode 12: the yellow bracelet

- '...' [thoughts]
- "..." [talking]
- *...* [whisper]

Y/N POV:
you and mina were hanging out in her dorm making matching bracelets for everyone.
you divided your class members in half and split up the work.
you were assigned bakugou, tsu, sato, denki, ochaco, momo, ojiro, koda, and iida. (mina is doing the extra one because she lost rps 😏)
after working on the bracelets for a couple hours, you admired your work. you and mina layed them out nicely on her carpet and enjoyed the bright colours that illuminated off of them.

"okay we're all done! let's go hand them out!"

"okie dokie!" you and mina collected the bracelets and left her dorm to start handing them out.
once you were done, you had two bracelets left on your wrists.
one was yellow, the other one was grey. you noticed that denki wasn't anywhere to be found in the common areas, but then you remembered him saying he'd be in his dorm.
you walked down the hallway looking for the name plate saying "denki kamanari." once you found it you lightly placed your hand on the door.
'i hope i'm not disturbing him..' but you were positive he was going to love the bracelet you and mina made so you opened the door anyways.
you turned the door handle, it stopped halfway. but after another rattle, the lock moved.
'he must not have unlocked it all the way..' you thought. you began to open the door careful to not open it all the way.

"hey kamanari?"
you suddenly heard fast shuffling and a quick thud. you opened the door to make sure he was okay.
"are you okay i heard a...." you looked down and saw blood everywhere. it looked like a crime scene. there was a pool of blood on the carpet and on kamanaris arms. your eyes scaled the room in a panic, you saw a razor blade on the floor next to him. it was covered in blood. you stood there in terror and watched kamanari look up with pure terror in his eyes.

"NO PLEASE DONT LOOK GET OUT!!" he scrambled to get up and he pushed you out with force. to fell into the wall behind you, you quickly looked back at kamanaris room but he slammed the door and locked it behind him.

"KAMANARI!! PLEASE DONT DO THIS!! OPEN THE DOOR PLEASE!" you started to bang on his door and rattle the door handle vigorously.
all the commotion caused sero and bakugou to come running to the source of the noise.

"y/n what's wrong??" sero ran over and put his hands on your shoulders to try to calm you down, he turned you to face him and his eyes shifted down.
"i-is that blood on your shirt..?"
you looked down with him, and to your horror, you saw bloody hand prints on your uniform.

"Y/N WHATS GOING ON??"
bakugou ran over from behind sero and examined you anxiously.
"are you okay?? where's that blood from?!"

"it's kamanari.." you looked back over to his door and both of their eyes followed.
"his arms.. they were..."
seros manner shifted. his pupils shrunk and he started to shake. he released you and started to knock on the door.

"buddy..? hey it's sero... please. please open the door.." he kept knocking over and over again, but there was still no response from inside.

"move." bakugou shoved sero and put his hand up to the door. he used his quirk to blow a big hole in the door, he kicked the rest out of the way so you guys could get inside.
as you shakily stuck your head inside. there was blood spread all over his room now. kamanari had wrapped a shirt around his right arm.
he sat against the wall covering his ears.
sero ran over to him and shook him.

"denki!"
kamanari looked up and saw you, sero, and bakugou all standing there worried. kamanari looked ashamed.
"we need to get you to the hospital right now."
denki got up without a fight and sero helped him up by his shoulders. they walked out. you saw the shirt wrapped on his arm dripping with blood.
you and bakugou watched as they left, leaving slightly bloody footprints behind them.
you started to walk forward to go with them but bakugou gently placed his hand on your shoulder.
"let them go..." he voice almost cracked a little bit. you could tell he was just as upset as you were.

"w....what happened..." you turned back to the door and saw kirishima, mina, and jirou standing there.

"we saw sero walking with denki... they wouldn't answer us." jirou asked as she picked her fingers.

you looked at your friends not knowing what to say to them. a tear slowly rolled down your cheek as you stared.

small time skip~
you had pulled those who saw the scene into your room to give them a brief summary of what had happened.
as kirishima comforted jirou and mina, they were both comforting kiri.
bakugou held your hand tightly as he told the whole story. you didn't want to talk or even think about it. you were worried sick, all you could do was wait for a text from sero and hope he was okay.
while you all sat in a painful silence, you herd mina start to say something.

"w-what if h-he.." she couldn't even finish her sentence. she was too choked up on her tears. the thought of it made her cry harder. jirou buried her face deeper into kirishimas hoodie as he held them closer.
you looked over to bakugou and saw him clenching his jaw. you rotated your body towards him and opened your arms.
he looked at you, and leaned down placing his head on your shoulder as he wrapped his big arms around you. you rubbed his back as you cried.
some minutes later, you all heard the dreaded but awaited ping come from your phone. you quickly grabbed it and saw the notification from sero. you unlocked it, your heart pounding in your chest. your stomach ached as you read the words on your screen.

you announced the text to those in the room with you. "he's going to be okay."
you heard kirishima sigh with relief as mina started to cry harder. jirou finally pulled her face out of kiris sleeve and she wiped her tears.
you instantly got up off of the floor and put your shoes on.
"i'm going to see him." before anyone could say anything. you started to run down the hallway, listening only to the sound of the jingle of the two bracelets clashing against each other on your wrist. as your ran down the street, you could see the yellow one sparkling in the sunset.

i wanted to try something new with the titled lmk what you think!

1153 words