Chapter Three

Liam's Pov
I followed her with my eyes as she jumped into Keith's car. He just drove away with the love of my life, just like that. Puff. She was gone. Lost in the arms of a criminal.
"FUCK!" I screamed and punched the brick wall beside me with my fist. I hit it again and again. There was more and more blood running down my hand for each punch, "Hey. Stop! You are hurting yourself." I heard a concerned tone shouting, trying to get my attention. 
I stopped punching the wall and then nodded to the older woman who had approached me and started to walk back home. 
I was so hurt. Stella moved on with Keith? That idiot?
Keith and I used to be friends back in the days. I even considered him to be one of my closest friends at one point, and he was like an older brother.
But he sold me out and made me take a hit for his own cheap actions. Caused by his drug addiction.
I would have lent him the money he owned those people if he had asked me. But instead, he told those people I had robbed him one night, the last night I was with Stella. He called me that night after Stella had fallen asleep and said that he needed to see me, that it was an emergency.
But it wasn't an emergency; it was a trap to set me up. 
Some guys jumped me that night and then kidnapped me. 
They beat me up really bad and then emptied my bank account of thousands of dollars before threatening me to stay away and never come back to London again.
I was told to never contact anyone from them; if I did, it would all end badly. So I stayed away until I came across an alarming video that someone had posted anonymously a month ago. In the video, Stella was seen dancing very daring with that bitch, Kendra. Stella was almost naked, just wearing underwear, and it looked creepy because she was entirely out of it. 
Staying away from her all this time broke my heart. I hated myself for having to leave her like that. And seeing what she had become now broke me even more.
She had lost so much weight and her once shiny blond hair, which now looked stripy and dead. Her beautiful grey eyes had never looked so lost. Knowing I was a part of her downfall made me feel like the worst guy ever. How can I ever forgive myself for causing her this life?
I never meant to hurt her. I loved her.
I always had, I always will.
Her laugh is still my favourite sound, that giggle she does when she bites her under lip while playing with her hair. 
I still dream of her at night.
I must get her back. Starting with getting her clean.
I owned her that. This was all my fault. 
I reached my apartment, grabbed my laptop, opened a new tab, and searched for Emma's number. She and Stella are best friends, and she must know how Stella ended up in this mess. 
I found her number after a few minutes and called her.
She answered after a few signals.
"Hello? Who is this?" She asked with a worried tone.
"Emma, it's me, Liam."
She sighed.
"Oh, hello, Liam. Long-time no see, how come you call me now?" She sounded confused.
"Yeah, I had to skip town for a while.
I ran into Stella earlier today, and I was shocked by what I saw. She was on some drug. Do you know wats going on? She never used drugs before!" Emma sighed again.
"Look, Liam, I haven't been hanging out with Stella since you disappeared. She did not come to school for a month, and she never replied to any of my texts nor answered my calls. When she eventually returned to school, she ignored the other girls and me.
And out of nowhere, she and Kendra Jones became close friends.
The time passed by, and she started to look messy. She lost a lot of weight and was high most of the days at school.
She even started to doze out at one of our classes. Luckily, the teacher was distracted and did not notice her.
I do not know what more I can tell you. I tried to reach through, but Stella told me to stay away. So, I have given up on her over time.
I advise you to do the same, Liam.
She's not the Stella we once knew.
Take care." Emma hung up, and I took a few minutes to process what she had told me.
God, what did I do?
This is all my fault.
I wonder if her mom knows about her new lifestyle? 
But then I remembered how much she usually used to work and that she did 12 hours shifts, plus overtime.
Stella could probably get away with this without her mom knowing a thing about it.
Kendra. I knew of her.
She was a snake. The most egocentric person that walked on this earth. What did Stella see in her? She will never have Stella's back if it comes to it.
But I knew Stella would believe she would and have hers in return.
Stella is loyal, kind. Kendra is probably walking all over her.
God, I never felt this powerless in my life.
I needed to get her off this destructive path she was walking down.
Before it could be too late.