Chapter Five

Stellas Pov
I was awakened by noises coming from the front door, and my heart instantly started to pound fast inside my chest.
I closed my eyes and tried to focus my hearing on the sound, and I froze when I heard voices whispering from the other side of the door. The noises continued to fill up the room while I reached for my phone on the table and then dialled Keith's number in panic.
Signal after signal, and no answer. Fuck.
I got up from the sofa and continued to call Keith.
"I hope this is an important call, babe.- I'm busy."
He answered with an angry tone, and I could hear that he was stressed out.
"Babe, I think someone is trying to break into the apartment."
I whispered through the phone, frozen on the spot.
"Shit. Get into the bedroom and hide in the closet. Wait there until I come and get you."
I took a deep breath and nodded.
"Okay."
I rushed into the bedroom quickly and then hid inside the closet, just as Keith had told me. When I closed the sliding doors, I could hear the front door opened and footsteps entering inside the hall.
'This is not happening.' I thought to myself and pressed myself onto the back of the wall where I hid behind Keith's jackets. I knew Keith had enemies, and he was well known by the police as well.
So, it could be either of them breaking in. Or a complete random thief. I was hoping for the second one. I held my breath in panic when footsteps entered the bedroom, and I could clearly hear low, masculine voices talking to each other.
"Look under the bed, and I will look through the closet over there."
I heard a man's voice speaking, and seconds later, the sliding door to the closet was opened.
My body shivered as I closed my eyes when I heard someone pulling and dragging out clothes from the drawers before moving onto the jackets I was hiding behind. I winched when two hands grabbed my arms and pulled me out from my hiding spot, seconds later before I was thrown into the wall next to the closet with a bang. "What do we have here, John," One of Ricky's men glared at me with amusement in his dark eyes as I lay still on the floor.
"A lovely surprise, Nick," The other man added, and they both started laughing. A cold and senseless laugh. A cold shiver washed over me, and I was terrified. "You may wonder why we are here, Stella," John said as he leaned down over me on the floor, "It seems like Keith had gotten himself into some trouble by stealing from the boss," he added. I gasped when he grabbed my hair and dragged me across the floor, and threw me on the bed.

Meanwhile, at Ricky's

Keith's Pov
"Fuck!"
I screamed and got up from the couch I was sitting on, stuffing bags of cocaine. I ran towards the door in a panic.
"Where the fuck do you think you're going?"
Ricky yelled from behind and threw himself into the doorway.
"Move Ricky, they are breaking into my apartment, and Stella is in there."
I yelled panickily and tried to push him out of the way.
But Ricky shoved me so hard, I lost my balance and fell on my back. Ricky soon mounted on me and locked my arms and legs in a tight handle.
"I know you ripped me off, Keith. You think you were smart and took some money of each payment, but that little sum got big over time. I hate it when people play me like this. It makes me look weak and stupid.  Now you're going to pay for it.
I know how much you love your precious young Stella; Let's see how much she loves you when you can't save her in time."
I froze. No, no, not Stella.

The pain pierced my mind, and it took me a while to realize that it came from my stomach. Ricky tilted his head, and I felt the pain writhing inside me as he spoke: "If you even get to her."
He laughed while his gloomy eyes mocked me.
I looked to my right with tears in my eyes, and I saw Ken sitting at the table. "Ken! Do something. Stella needs you."
I grumbled, and our eyes crossed, but she immediately looked in the other direction.
She wasn't gonna do a thing.
I bet she was happy that she was safe.
That bitch.

I knew she never cared for anyone but herself. 
My vision became blurred when Ricky got up, and I looked at my body, and I saw the handle of a knife stabbed in my stomach. A few seconds later, I was engulfed in darkness.

Stellas Pov.

I felt my whole body ache in pain as I opened up my eyes and saw the ceiling. I blinked a few times and tried to steady my sight.
I was in Keith's bedroom, and I remembered those two men had started beating me up, and then they assault me. Sexually. Multiple times.
I could feel my feet on the floor as I laid on the edge of the bed. I had to bury a scream that was about to leave my lips when the pain from my left knee shot through my body when I tried to stand up.
I silently limped across the room and picked up a hoodie and sweat pants that were thrown on the floor and a pair of sneakers.