New emotions

JISOO

"Why did you want to change your hair color so suddenly?" Irene asks as soon as she gets in the car, accompanied by Seulgi.

"Good night, Irene, you're late." I roll my eyes when I see her pouting and my sister-in-law contain a giggle.

"I loved the red, but brown suits you perfectly." Irene lets out a heavy sigh "Sorry I'm late, I had a last minute video call meeting because one of the models is sick."

"The sad side of being the director of a modeling agency, right? You have no peace even on your day off." I provoke her and she gives me a light slap.

"What happened for you to be so good-natured and full of jokes?" Irene narrows her eyes at me, making me laugh.

"I have a slight suspicion." Rosé says and arch an eyebrow at her.

"Do you? Because I don't even know." I shrug.

"I believe you will soon find out, Jichu." She gives me a mischievous smile and I frown with no idea what she's implying.

"Where will our dinner be?" Seulgi nudges me.

"At Jen's restaurant! It looks like she made a whole new menu and I'm curious to know what innovations she brought to the restaurant." I say excited. Seulgi has always been one of the best companions for gastronomic adventures.

"Jen? Restaurant?" Irene is totally confused.

"Lia's mother, Haein's daughter." Rosie says in a strange tone.

"Haein left 60% of his part of the restaurant to her and a paid cooking course. She is very good at it, her food is really wonderful." I smile when I remember the incident with the flour a few weeks ago "I would eat her food every day if I could, but unfortunately it's only on friday." I pout and Irene looks at me like I've turned into an ET.

"I really want to know what's going on with you, Sooya." Irene shakes her head in denial as the driver stops the car at the entrance of the restaurant.

Rosé whispers something in Irene's ear and her eyes open as if they're going to pop out of her face and Seulgi looks as lost as I do. Before I can know why they're so full of secrets, Minho, my favorite waiter, shows up to escort us to the table.

To my surprise, Jennie and Hoyeon aren't at the table like I thought they would be and I can't stop a sad pout from appearing on my face. As I sit down, I scan the space, looking for Jennie or Hoyeon, but no sign of either.

"Why are there two more chairs at the table if there are only 4 of us, as usual?" Irene diverts my attention.

"Jennie and Hoyeon will have dinner with us, I invited them, I thought would be fun." I shrug my shoulders and go back to looking for Jennie.

"Who?"

"Hoyeon is a friend of Jennie's who was at the park when we took Yeji to play." Rosé says before I open my mouth "So as Yeji and Lia got along so well and didn't let go, Jisoo invited them to have dinner with us."

"Oh, is my little Yeji making friends? That is great." Seulgi smiles like the mother owl that she is.

"Lia conquers anyone. She is very intelligent and docile, impossible not to like her. Obviously she and Yeji would like each other."

"And not just Lia, right?" Rosé and that weird tone again.

"What do you mean?" I put a strand of hair behind my ear while I look at Rosé, who is looking very mysterious.

"Jisoo?" A familiar male voice comes from behind me and I stand up.

"Dony, it's good to see you, it's been a while." I say as I politely hug Haein's former partner and currently Jennie's partner at the restaurant. "I was wondering if you had already tried some of the new items on the menu." I try to move away, but he seems to be someone who likes long hugs.