The Photos of the past

TW !Slowing forgetting/ forgetting people/Athazagoraphobia 

.

.

.

.

Waking up to the sun peaking through the curtains, shining its bright light onto the bed of Karl jacobs. Slowly waking up, Karl rubbed the sleep out of his eyes as he sat up. Looking around and seeing all of the photos he had taken the day before sitting on his nightstand. Slowly sitting up, he grabbed the pile of photos to flip through. To him, these photos are his life. Collecting memories as he goes through the path of life. He always writes notes on the back of the photos, just a little blurb. Flipping one over and just reading it to go back in time to revisit that memory. One of the photos was a bowl of ramen, chopsticks sitting to the side as the steam from the bowl tried to fog the camera. He remembers that night well. It was him and his friends, Sapnap and Quackity. The jokes and stories they shared that night flooded back and Karl giggled, shaking his head at some of the dumb jokes he remebered.

Setting down his photos, Karl got up and walked out of his bedroom door, leaving behind the photos as he headed to the kitchen to make himself some food. Walking down the small hallway, more framed photos lined the walls. Some had him in them while others were just his friends. Karl took a lot of photos of his friends and still does. His camera was his prized possession. In his words "I don't want to forget the memories i make, so why not take a photo of them? A picture is like a portal back in time to when the memory was made."

Making his way to the kitchen, he poured himself a bowl of cereal as he sat at the island to eat it. As he stared at the cereal as he munched down on it. Looking through his phone at the posts on twitter, scrolling and liking his friends posts as he ate. Soon the bowl was in the sink and Karl made his way back to his room. He likes spending time in his room and putting photos on his wall. The polaroids he hung on his wall were special to him as they held great memories. Opening the door, he grabbed the pile of photos on the nightstand and picked through them. Some he hung on the wall and others he put away in his drawers to look back on at a later date.

Hearing a tune, he looked at his bed to see his phone ringing with a call from a number he didn't remember.

Answering it, a voice spoke " Hey Karl! How have you been?" The voice was one Karl didn't know. His eyes widened as he looked at who it was, George.

" I'm good George! How about you?" he spoke as he sorted through the photos and found one with George in it. He was with his other friends as well, Dream and Bad. The photo was taken on the day they all met for the first time. Smiling at the photo, George spoke up

" I've been good. I called to check up on you. We haven't heard from you in a bit." he sounded worried but why? Didn't they just call a few days ago?

" yeah i'm fine! But didn't we just call a few days ago?" Karl asked, putting the photo of his friends back up on the wall.

" Yeah, we did. I just wanted to call and make sure you were ok." his voice sounded somber, like tears were in his eyes.

" George, are you ok? You sound sad?" Karl spoke up, he hated hearing his friend so sad. Karl wanted to make George feel better.

" Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry. Why don't you come and hang out with me and Sapnap today. We are heading to meet the others for a picnic today." George asked, knowing Karl would want to take some photos of them.

" ooo that sounds fun! I would love to have a picnic with you guys!" Karl smiled at the thought of sharing more memories with his friends. "When should I come over?"

"Ah don't worry, me and dream will stop by and pick you up ok? It'll be around 12pm when we come by but I'll message you before we leave so you can get ready?" George spoke, the somber tone gone and it was replaced with a happy tone. Now Karl was excited for the picnic, he agreed to the time and hung up to place down his photos and get ready for 12pm.