Chapter 58

as she received the last massage from Javier, she opened her eyes to a bombardement of unpleasant, loud sounds outside the office

as she received the last massage from Javier, she opened her eyes to a bombardement of unpleasant, loud sounds outside the office. She grasped her hair, groaning. She searched her environment, seeking for the camera, embarrassed. Her gaze then shifted to her mother on the floor. Her eyes became wider. The office door was ripped wide, and cameras were strewn everywhere. The fluttering of several cameras began to cause her uneasiness. She glanced behind her and discovered Lucas was nowhere to be seen.

"What compelled you to bribe and coerce your mother's spouse into sleeping with you, Mrs Williams?"

"How does it feel to be pregnant for your soon to be father, Mrs Williams?"

"How long have you been sleeping with your soon to be father, Mrs Williams, and why did you claim Mr Barnes was the father?"

Sandra was at a loss for words, or rather, for a response. She changed her clothing and clothed herself swiftly. She collapsed in front of the camera. An ambulance was sent, but to everyone's astonishment, it arrived within minutes. It was as though they anticipated her demise. Sandra was escorted to the ambulance, which departed the scene.

"You weren't even able to respond to any of the questions. Sandra, are you ashamed?"

For fuck's sake, Javier, give me a break. Sandra yelled at the back of her head.

"You can cut the crap. I'm aware you feigned, so get up."

Why do I continue to fall for this man's ruses? This ambulance was meant to be a lifesaver, providing me with the opportunity to breathe and think, but Javier Barnes would not leave me alone.

"If you want to maintain the façade, I can do worse."

"Oh, for fuck's sake, what do you want from me?"

"You lied to the press, claimed that I was your child's father. Why did you do it knowing full well that I was not the biological father? You should not be concerned about what happend to the office. There was around 1, there is around 2, and if you continue to refuse to work with me, around 3 may occur. When was the last time I slept with you?"

I'm not sure where all these inquiries came from, so I took a peek around the ambulance in case this was another trap.

"Would you want me to speak with you so you may record me for the rest of the world to hear?"

"Not really, it's just you and me on this journey. I want you to be really candid with me."

"Perhaps five or four years ago."

"To deal with a liar like you, Sandra, I had to be a lair like you. Given that the world is now aware that you and I are not in a relationship, you may choose to pawn the ring, as I did not slip it on your finger. I've wanted just one lady, and that women is my wife."

"Javier, you cretin, why are you torturing me?"

"Simply to demonstrate that I can play dirty as well. You are not even deserving of speaking with me." I saw him exit the ambulance. I am destined to perish.