Chapter 4: The worst feeling

As I left Dillons that night to spend one night with my grandmother, he gave me a letter and told me not to read it until I went back to Canada. I promised him I wouldn't, and I kept that promise. Even though I hated the thought of leaving again, I knew I had too. The whole time I was at my grandmothers,I was thinking of prom back in Canada. I won't have a date, or a beautiful dress or anything. It was a really sad thought for me. It was 5 days later and it was the day to go. I didn't wanna leave at all but I had no other choice. I gave Dillon one last kiss and boarded the plane. I hated planes,it made me sick everytime I took off. I finally got home and read the note "Dear Emma, I know you are going to cry after I say this but I really need to tell you. I'm not going to live much longer.Maybe 2 months at the most.It's cancer. I couldn't tell you when you were here cause I know you wouldn't have left,you would've stayed and I don't want you to see me die. Love always, Dillon" I dropped to my kneess. I couldn't take this. I began breathing harder and harder until I passed out. Later on that day I woke up in the hospital. I felt so much pain in my head and more importantly my heart. My mom knew what was going on because she found the note next to me. I had an anxiety attack that was worse then anybody elses i've ever seen. My mom wanted to take me out dress shopping which I had no intrest for what so ever. But I went anyways. I picked out a puffy pink dress. What i've always wanted.But I didn't know why I bought it if I didn't even have a prom date. I went home and stared at a picture of me and Dillon for about an hour straightt. I still couldn't believe everything that was going on,it hurt me so much too know that the person I love is dieing. I hate it.