"Tangled Up In Blue"

I hummed along to the tune of Sonata 7 Mov. 3 as I smashed down on the keys of the piano. Instead of saying my feelings with words, I expressed them through what I played. Niklaus has his painting; I have my piano.

Speaking of the pain in my ass.

"What do you want, Niklaus?"

I heard his footsteps coming down the stairs and as he leaned against the doorway. He's been standing there for the past five minutes. Weirdo.

"I didn't want to interrupt," he answered and I rolled my eyes. "Care to burn the bodies with me?"

Before I could respond another pair of footsteps walked down the stairs. Currently, Rebekah was out so it could only be one other person. The person I was ignoring. I smirked as Nik blocked the entryway.

"It's best you not enter," he murmured.

"I need to talk to her, Klaus," she sighed, her voice quivering.

"Once again, it's best you not. But would you look at the time," he faked exclaimed, bringing up his wrist that was bare of a watch. I smiled at his antics. "It's past bedtime for my niece or nephew."

I walked over to my brother, standing in front of my baby mama with my hands in the pockets of my coat.

"Go to bed, Hayley. I'll join you in a minute." The pregnant werewolf hesitated and my lips lifted up into a small smile. "Give me five minutes then you can explain as much as your heart desires."

She nodded her head, turning around and walking back up the stairs but not before giving me one last look.

"I was sure you were going to yell," Nik whispered from beside me, keeping his eyes on the stairwell.

"Me too, Nik," I sighed. "Now let's light things on fire."

✧✧✧

"I cannot believe you two disposed of those vampires without me. You both know how I love to set things on fire," Rebekah's pouting the next morning made me laugh. She glanced out the window with crossed arms while Klaus and I leaned against the doorway of the foyer.

"It was Nik's idea and we couldn't leave them in the front yard to rot? Besides, they were our responsibility. They attacked the helpless pregnant girl who's carrying my child," I explained our actions. "You'll be invited to the next burning of the bodies, little sister."

"Oh, I am so moved by your new-found sense of motherly duties towards the werewolf carrying your tribrid bun in her oven."

Klaus snapped his head towards me but didn't get the chance to say anything as Hayley walked in with one of Elijah's journals clutched to her chest.

"The werewolf would like to know what the plan is."

"Well, that depends on what plan you mean, love-- my plan for global domination, Lia's plan to ultimately forgive you and continue to provide for your unborn child, or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world?"

I shrugged my shoulders, knowing Klaus' words were true but you know blondes and their tempers. Rebekah took one of the paintbrushes and threw it at our brother but the hybrid snatched it out of the air before it pierced his eye. He smirked at her and she gave him a fake smile making me chuckle.

"The plan to rescue Elijah," Hayley clarified then added sarcastic remarks. "You know, the good brother? The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back?"

"In the front, if we're being specific," Klaus corrected her with a grin on his face.

"You three said that you would get him back. So is there a plan, or what?" she asked, glancing at each of us, lingering on me the longest. My siblings and I shared a knowing look with one another.